Please suggest what to do....

PK65

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

WAC 0209356***
485 ND Jan 2002
2nd FP done in Jan 2004
RFE replied in June and INS received on June 11...

status says will take 660 days for us to process this kinda of case, but since preliminary processing was done should not take the maximum stated time.....

I am really getting frustrated.......almost 2 months since they received the RFE back

was wondering is the delay because i came to this country on a B-1/B-2 visa and then converted to an H-1B ?

lawyer put in a query...INS says it takes 60 days after receiving the RFE.....but i am sure coz my luck is bad, i might get 2nd RFE or an interview call......my RFE was not normal EVL, paystubs etc., but it asked for briographical information, maintainence of status etc.

would really appreciate your help

No! The delay is not because of B1/H1 transfer. A lot of people in your shoes if you scan the archives.

The problem is merely incompetence. You might want to contact your Congressman or send a fax to nudge your case forward.

I am in the same boat. I filed myI-485 as a derivative and still waiting. I got an RFE in may and replied to it around may 14th. after that no change. people who filed 485 one year later than me got approved last month!!! what can I say.

Atleast dont feel too bad there are lot of people like me with you

You are not alone. I replied to the RFE and it was received by BCIS on June 15th. Still waiting for further action.