Please share your thoughts...

rsannu2k

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I dont know whether it makes sense to post in this forum, but I belong to this forum. I got my 485 approved 5+months back, now I am on bench, I know my company is not going to pay me on bench so I sent an email saying that if you are not going to pay me treat this email as Notice letter!!!, I spoke to one of my colleague she said give them notice of 1month, but I was thinking they anyway not going to pay me, why should I give them 1month notice. what do you think guys, what should I do?, is this going to be any problem to me? since I already got my plastic card and also I went to india & came back using the same!!!. What max. an employer is going to do if he does not wish his employee to leave him???

Please shed some light on these,
Thanks
RS.

Not clear - what it has go to do with 485 issues in vermont service center.

You got your 485 approved six months ago - so all you need is to find a better employer that doesn't put you on bench. Other alternative will be ask your employer to lay you off for lack of work and then apply unemployement benefits. Third option depending on your employement contract is to take your employer to court for payment of back wages.

In this country, no one needs to give another side even an hour's notice so whetver your friend said is wrong (unless you want to be nice to each other at the parting moment) - welcome to america - the true land of captalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
dr_gc said:
Not clear - what it has go to do with 485 issues in vermont service center.

You got your 485 approved six months ago - so all you need is to find a better employer that doesn't put you on bench. Other alternative will be ask your employer to lay you off for lack of work and then apply unemployement benefits. Third option depending on your employement contract is to take your employer to court for payment of back wages.

In this country, no one needs to give another side even an hour's notice so whetver your friend said is wrong (unless you want to be nice to each other at the parting moment) - welcome to america - the true land of captalism.

I think its high time for you to send a letter of resignation(I think even that is too much for your employer, just give him a phone call) and complete the scene. I am sure he is a desi employer and with a desi employer you shouldn't even think of getting anything on bench(Those days are over way back in 1997 and 1998).

Just say a good bye and keep looking for other exciting opportunities. I am sure you would get something good.

My advise to you is, incase you have your employers contact number(cell no), call him after 9pm so that you wont even waste your anytime minutes to talk and waste your time.

Good Luck.. Let us all know your outcome...