Please share your opinions, Thanks!

GCCOMETOME

Registered Users (C)
Hi my friends, I am still waiting for my EB3 I140 and I485 (ND: 03/17/2003). I filed another AOS application through my husband (I married a US citizen recently) last week. I consulted with an attorney and called USCIS' customer service, I was told it's OK to have two cases pending!. But today I heard different opinion about this: Once they found out two cases pending under one applicant, they will deny one case. Is that true? I am not sure if I should file second family based application but I already did (I am afraid it may complicate the situation.). You know when you are frustrated, you just try to seek all kinds of opportunities!

Is any of you familiar with my kind of situation? Please, please share your knowledge with me.

I dont know for sure the answer to this. I know that 2 I485's, employment based, are not allowed for the same person. I can understand the point in that since it will conflict with which employer this person is going to work for. In that case they will deny one or both the I-485. Your case is a little different since you are applying AOS based on employment and based on family.
I would trust the attorney and CIS customer service more than hearsay.. You can post your question on murthy's chat session and get some intelligent feedback.