Please share your FP experience

a_usc

Registered Users (C)
I would appreciate, if those of you who have had their FP could share their experience in the context of the experience below.

My husband had his FP Code 3 a week back and during the process he says that he saw when his index fingers were scanned the system reported 'warning: match found' message. The system prompted the user to retake or accept the print which the user (a girl) just accepted the print and proceeded. He has been freaked out as to how could there be a match and thinks that the girl should have retaken the print, but she was completely frivolous towards the process. The frivolous nature of the girl (he says) is evident from the fact that once she was about to take the print of his right ndex finger when the system was prompting her to scan the right ring finger, at which point he stopped and told her that she had the wrong finger.

We have tried to rationalize and I told him that the match found could be because he had his finger printing at the time of getting the latest visa and then at the Port of Entry (both just eight about months back). We are wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I have recently learned that if you entered US more than 15 months back, your records of FP taken at PoE get purged, thus for such a person 'match found' may not occur. So please also mention if it was before 15 months when you last entered US.

Appreciate your time and responses.

I seriously doubt that the limited computers and access that they have will or could even compare FP's on the fly like that. Comparison takes some time for powerful computers to crunch the index markers. I don't even think they can compare fingerprints that fast on CSI :)

The computer gives a warning signal only if the finger wasn't scanned right. The print has to appear within the border lines and if it goes over the border lines, a warning signal appears and the technician has to retake the print. It happened to me several times as the technician assigned to me was a trainee.

Well, I do not know whether the computers at the ASC have access to the centralized database or not, what I do remember seeing, is after each scan, there was a message saying 'Analyzing', which was followed by a 'Pass' message in a green box or a flashing message in red box saying 'Match Found'. The match found message prompted the tecknician to either re-take or accept.

I do agree with detroitkam that the print has to appear within the border lines, failing which a warning signal appears, because that happened to me too quite a few times. Most likely tech assigned to me was a trainee too, as she had to ask another person to review, but I do remember seeing a 'Match Found' message, whatever that means :confused:

Thanks for your replies guys.

<<a_usc's>> Spouse

a_usc said:
Well, I do not know whether the computers at the ASC have access to the centralized database or not, what I do remember seeing, is after each scan, there was a message saying 'Analyzing', which was followed by a 'Pass' message in a green box or a flashing message in red box saying 'Match Found'. The match found message prompted the tecknician to either re-take or accept.

I do agree with detroitkam that the print has to appear within the border lines, failing which a warning signal appears, because that happened to me too quite a few times. Most likely tech assigned to me was a trainee too, as she had to ask another person to review, but I do remember seeing a 'Match Found' message, whatever that means :confused:

Thanks for your replies guys.

<<a_usc's>> Spouse

"Match Found" definitely triggers some anxiety in applicants, mostly b'cos we don't know exactly what that means..
Just a comment.. The FPs, myself and my family members had to give, were many at the same DO and every single time after the FPs were taken they were reviewed by another person (looked like a FP supervisor) when we were done. So, don't worry about the "trainee" part.

Don't worry about it. That is part of the system, I do remember the warning sign and I asked about it and the person explained me that is when is close to the limits of the range of "good" for the system.

The machines used for FP's are not database search engines, they just recolect data and are sent to the FBI databases (that is so far what I know). The FBI is the one that in less than 48 hours will send an answer to USCIS that they so far haven't found in the "basic" database to say in that way, any problem with those fingerprints. Since are machines human-operated the operator can accept the Fp's taken even the computer say that can be out of limit. At the end, a supervisor can check out the FP's taken by the operator and if s/he found something that is not acceptable will take it again.

Relax :)

jenimmi said:
"Match Found" definitely triggers some anxiety in applicants, mostly b'cos we don't know exactly what that means..
Just a comment.. The FPs, myself and my family members had to give, were many at the same DO and every single time after the FPs were taken they were reviewed by another person (looked like a FP supervisor) when we were done. So, don't worry about the "trainee" part.

Hey Jen,

That's what I have been trying to tell him since the day one, but that'd be a day when he listens to me and stops worrying :rolleyes: :p lol. I guess you are absolutely right - it doesn't take much to trigger anxiety in applicants. For some reason, its only him who is worried about this incident... I don't think anythiing is wrong. Having read replies from you all, I wonder if he actually saw a "Match Found" warning message... but he's just on about it :mad:

Thanks, USC :)

cherr1980 said:
Don't worry about it. That is part of the system, I do remember the warning sign and I asked about it and the person explained me that is when is close to the limits of the range of "good" for the system.

The machines used for FP's are not database search engines, they just recolect data and are sent to the FBI databases (that is so far what I know). The FBI is the one that in less than 48 hours will send an answer to USCIS that they so far haven't found in the "basic" database to say in that way, any problem with those fingerprints. Since are machines human-operated the operator can accept the Fp's taken even the computer say that can be out of limit. At the end, a supervisor can check out the FP's taken by the operator and if s/he found something that is not acceptable will take it again.

Relax :)

That makes perfect sense to me! I think he is just getting paranoid - having read on this forum how many people have been trapped in that infamous 'FBI name check' net. Ari had given the hotline no for FBI name check and I am gonna ask my husband to call that no. and get rid of his paranoia for once and for all :cool: You're right... he just needs to chill!!!

a_usc said:
That makes perfect sense to me! I think he is just getting paranoid - having read on this forum how many people have been trapped in that infamous 'FBI name check' net. Ari had given the hotline no for FBI name check and I am gonna ask my husband to call that no. and get rid of his paranoia for once and for all :cool: You're right... he just needs to chill!!!

That number is for checking your FP status, not for name check :)

I saw that message too when mine were taken and I was kinda worried about it too. I figured that since I was getting both my FP done the same day, it was just recognizing the first set of prints that it took. I didn't really ask anything to the girl taking the FPs since she was kinda rude.