Please share your experience of GC interview...

tnadkarni

Registered Users (C)
My marriage based GC interview is scheduled for next Wednesday, February 9th.

Can others who have gone through this or know about it, please share their experiences??

My wife and I were together for 4 years prior to being married and I think all the paperwork is in order. USCIS received my app on October 27th and my interview is already set!! It's strange because if this is in fact the interview where I get my GC, I'll have my GC before I even get my EAD or AP.

I'd really like to hear any tips, traps or advice???

Thanks much.

share your experience

You have nothing to worry about as long as you have a genuine marriage. There are no more trick questions anymore. As long as you marriage is genuine,take all docs and you will be fine. :)

tnadkarni said:
My marriage based GC interview is scheduled for next Wednesday, February 9th.

Can others who have gone through this or know about it, please share their experiences??

My wife and I were together for 4 years prior to being married and I think all the paperwork is in order. USCIS received my app on October 27th and my interview is already set!! It's strange because if this is in fact the interview where I get my GC, I'll have my GC before I even get my EAD or AP.

I'd really like to hear any tips, traps or advice???

Thanks much.
What is your local DO?

For those interviewing in Chicago

My experience was quite smooth even though we were missing our 2002 tax return form and that seemed to irked our interviewer a little. The main thing I have observed that most of the INS officers at the Chicago office are friendly enough although very business-like and VERY THOROUGH. So, my advice is to organize all your paperwork and get everything ready and I mean everything. They take some of your wedding photos too!

ChicagoGal,
Do you know if i need to file my Taxes before my Interview. My Interview is schedule for Feb 22, 2005. I'm still waiting for tax document before filing. Please let me know. Does INS require latest tax-return. I have sent them return from 2003 and afterwards.

Ok...my interview is in 3 days..on Wednesday morning.

I think I have all my documents..and I'm as ready as I can be.

Just wondering...does it have in bearing that on USCIS online both my I-485 and I-765 application do not say approved..

They both say "this usually takes us xxx days to process and we will notify you of our decision..."????

I still haven't received an EAD or AP yet and it's been over 90 days...I'm hoping if this GC interview works out and I get a conditional GC stamp, I won't even need them.

So what do you think my chances are??

Its all about luck

I had my GC interview on Dec 7th. Everything looked hunky dory till the end. Read on!

Questions: The immigration officer did not ask us any trick questions. Just the regular ones: How did you guys meet, how long did you date prior to the wedding, her b'day to me, our wedding date etc etc.

Documents: I would recommend to carry copies of all originals as the officer might want to keep copies for their records. We carried a whole bunch of our wedding pics, and the officer did go through quite a few of them. And he did keep 2 pictures for his records. He also asked us if he had taken any trips together. We had undertaken a trip to Hawaii, but had no pictures to substantiate the same. I recommend take pictures of any getaways that you have.

Background Check: USCIS does 5 types of background checks as I was told during the interview. I would imagine they get information from different sources like CIA, FBI, Interpol etc to ensure the applicant is absolutely "clean". Be prepared to be let down because of this as the DHS has an intensive search to conduct before stamping your passport. Stamping my passport was held back because the USCIS had not heard from one of the agencies, and the officer mentioned that it MIGHT take six months to one year to hear back from them!

I am still waiting to hear back from the USCIS ...

Good luck!

There's no way to avoid the background check so if that's the only thing, I can live with that.

has anyone recently had an AOS interview and actually had their passport stamped????

I'll take some extra pictures...

I will go to interview on July 25, 2005. I have a few questions about interviews:

1. For the Federal tax return form: Can I give INS the copy?Do I need the tax return fron IRS? Do I need also provide them the State and city Tax return form?
2. INS requests the joint financial statement? Do I need to bring the statement from I filed the application to the current? That will be almost three years.
3. We have a lot of digital pictures, can I just print it through computer and give them. I am not sure if INS requests me to show the photo made by photo stores.

When I saw after INS interview, there are still many months of waiting period. Some are even waiting for more than 6 month. My EAD will expire on 4 months after the interview. Is there any person having trouble to renewing EAD after INS interview?

It is really a mess. The INS in New York local office has never done things in order. People apply for the case many months later can receive the interview notice half or even one year earlier! It seems only dependent on lucky when you will receive the green card.

AOS Interview tomorrow morning

Hi All;

We are ready to go for AOS Interview early in the morning in Tampa DO. I have every thing prepared..I mean everything!!

I have one back pack filled with about 6 picture albums of all occasions taken in last 4 years time period. Besides that, we have two nicely organized folders (reminds me of MBA courses and presentations!!) - one of them is copies of all the originals. I have everything clipped alphabetically. Both folders are about 3" thick. Apart from all the docs mentioned in the Interview notice letter, we have also Airplane tickets, Hotel checkout invoices, thank you cards from the Hotel Managers etc from all the big vaccations that we have taken over the period of time.

So, we are not nervous at all but just anaxious. We are sure things will get great and as we are celebrating 4th of July today, we are sure about continue celebrating our success tomorrow. We will keep you all posted.

Wish us all the best..we wish you all the best to come!!

...continued

By the way, tomorrow is also our to be exact TWO years of wedding anniversary. We are on for Unconditional LPR. I think so...will see!!

Thank you.