Please share your AP travel experience

gc_hopefully

Registered Users (C)
I am planning on travel on AP soon. I would greatly appreciate if you share your recent experince. I don't have valid H-1 and has changed job using AC21.I have valid AP and EAD.
Is there any one refused entry with AP or any chance that INS can refuse entry.
Thanks

My first exp with AP

Yesterday I came back from seeing family in England into San Diego with my AP. I am a GC applicant via marriage to a citizen and this is the first time I've used AP.

Got to the inspector's desk with my wife, showed our documents. He told her to go on through and told me to wait on some benches for processing. Got taken into Secondary where they took two finger prints for matching and also a photo. Then about 15 minutes later they gave me my stamped AP and I-94 and showed me the way out.

I didn't know I had to fill in an I-94 card so I think that contributed to the delay as they did that for me. Next time I'll fill one in.

Pretty painless though I didn't much like sitting in Secondary. The inspectors were very chatty and pleasant though, went to pains to assure me it was all routine.

Paul

gc_hopefully,
There should be no problem re-entering using AP, as long as AP is valid on your return. You would be taken to Secondary Inspection and you would be stamped on the AP [as parolee for an year]...You need to fill in I94 Card too..
Hope this helps..!!

Who will take the copies of AP's

Gurus,
Out of 3 AP's who will take the 2 copies of AP. I know I will have one AP. Who are the other two ( when and where do they take)?

Thanks,
Aravind741

I only have two, one said To Alien w/ photo, one To Transportation w/o photo. I made some color copies just in case.

Copy should be good for airlines, right? Otherwise, what do you give them on your second trip.

I had 2 copies, but sometimes people get 3 and more:

one is for immigration officier at the port of entry,
another is for the alien,
the rest ( those without photo ) are for airlines and such, but usually they don't bother.

HTH

I used AP in late June for the first time.

Filled up I-94 (Left blank an entry that I was not sure about)
Presented Passport, I-94, original AP + photocopy, a photocopy of I-485 receipt notice. I did not have EAD with me.

The officer took all of it and I was sent for secondary inspection
in a separate office.
Waited for half an hour until the officers competed the regular
inspection of all incoming passengers and started working
on the special cases.

waited 15 more minutes until my name was called.
Answered a few questions (the main purpose was to
confirm my identity).
Got back all the documents. AP was stamped, passport had the stamped I-94 attached.

HR04

travel on AP

HRO4

When u re-entered US, were you still employed with the same employer or had used AC21 to change employer ?

if changed employer, can you share experience if you were queried on change of Jobs ?

Thanks

nobudy,

I changed employer under AC21.
I don't think they can check it at POE... so far I made 3 trips on AP; 2 times officiers asked me who sponsored me for a green card, they could even tell was it a marriage or I-140...
I got an impression that if you had all the copies of previous documents with you ( I-797, I-140, etc ), there would be no questions asked.

HTH

AP RENEWAL?

Hi, I have my AP expiring on 11/07/03 and am intending to travel to canada before that, my question is, do I need to apply for AP's renewal at this point just like we do with EAD or it works differently?