Please share, what's the longest interview scheduling after transfer to local office

richlee168

Registered Users (C)
My case has been transferred to Jacksonville, FL office since July 2004 and doesn't hear anything from local office.

Please share what's the longest wait after case transferred to local office.

Thanks
Richlee168

I-140
ND:12/18/2002
RFE:06/01/2004
(on-line message shown approved on 06/01/2004, but actually received RFE)
RFE repsonce:06/11/2004
AD: finally case clear with AD 06/01/2004 (received approval notice in October, 2004.)

I-485
RD:04/08/2003
ND:04/09/2003
FP:05/30/2003
RFE:06/01/2004 (Medical and legal status for a period of time.)
RFE response: 07/12/2004
RFE Act: 07/19/2004
Transferred: 07/27/2004

Infopass: 08/16/2004, Case was received from TSC, did 2nd finger print the same day.
infopass: 12/30/2004, imm officer did not tell anything about my case, just told me keep waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
you'd better make a inforpass appointment to confirm if you case
right in this local office without error, and the officer will tell you
if you name is being check or pending, or FP problem or something
else possible, otherwise,it shouldn't waiting so long.
by the way ,where is Jacksonville office ? is it in TX?
if it's a big city just like huston local office in TX, maybe you have to waiting. but better to go inforpass to get information about your case.

Transfer

My case has been transfered to Atlanta after approval of I-140 on May 2004. Finally, my wife(dependent) received finger print(2nd) notice last week. Appointment date for finger print is July 5, 2005, four months from now. But I've not heard anything for my self. Also, I checked with my attorney, only they received copy of finger print notice of my wife. Looks to me, still I have wait long period of time.
RD 08/07/2003
FP1 09/26/2003

I think you wife can do FP as soon as possible instead of waiting to that exact date. and you can go infopass ask officer about if you need FP or not,
and he will issue you a FP paper, so you can do it with your wife together,
don't just waiting. you'd better count your FP expire date by yourself and tell office and ask them give you a new FP Paper,that save you time.
did you moved , did you update your address? if you new address didn't
getting update correctly, you will never receive notice from ins.

I did make 2 infopass already and my case is received by Jacksonville office.

Infopass: 08/16/2004, Case was received from TSC, did 2nd finger print the same day.
Infopass: 12/30/2004, imm officer did not tell anything about my case, just told me keep waiting.

I also called national customer service line and was told my received date is changed to 07/27/2004 due to the transfer.
I told the lady I was told by imm officer in Jacksonville that the received date still remain original date which is 04/08/2003.

Anyway, I called national customer service twice and both told me the same story and refused to send an inquiry regarding my case.

i am in the similar situation.

My case was transferred to local office on Oct 27 2004.
My attorney already made 3 inqueries every month but it won't help. I made 2 appontments to see the imm officials but they kept telling me to wait. I plan to write a letter to the local senators. I was trying to find a sample letter. Do you have any idea how can I get one? I know some folks did that before and it did help.

local imm office doesn't update anything, even they received your case,
they would not tell you that, they will only mail you the 1485 interview letter.
the national customer service can't tell you anything, you have to try to make a few question to let officer answer you, that will trig imm officer look at computer for detail, questions like is my address correct or update?
is my FP doing all right? is my name checking done or pending? I think all these question will helpful to let you know where in the processing your
case is going.

richlee168 said:
I did make 2 infopass already and my case is received by Jacksonville office.

Infopass: 12/30/2004, imm officer did not tell anything about my case, just told me keep waiting.

I also called national customer service line and was told my received date is changed to 07/27/2004 due to the transfer.
I told the lady I was told by imm officer in Jacksonville that the received date still remain original date which is 04/08/2003.

Anyway, I called national customer service twice and both told me the same story and refused to send an inquiry regarding my case.

Tonytx

Per your recommendation, I went to infopass appointment this morning (04/06/2005).

The first thing I asked was the my address current on my file, then imm office asked me to wait for a few minutes, and 20 minutes later, he told me they will conduct my interview today, I was shocked when I heard what he said.

Around 30 minutes later, my family and I were called to a room, another imm officer only asked some general questions, such as my marriage certification, my daughter's birth certificate, whether I still working for the same company.
(marriage certification and birth certificate is included in my original package.)

Nothing else asked, because I wasn't expect anything today, therefore I prepare nothing, but passport for identity only.

What's a surprising infopass, I didn't expect anything today, but it's end up my passport stamped.

By the way, I think congressman's inquiry triggered this.
Congressman is my area sent an inquiry around one month ago, but USCIS doesn't response, then I called congressman's office and talked to the liaison person one week ago, she told me usually USCIS will get back to them in one week, but doesn't know why there is no response from USCIS 3 weeks after inquiry, but she said she will make another inquiry for me (which is around 7 days ago).

This forum is great website and thanks for everyone's input.

congratulation! I also got my passport stamped today,
the imm officer doing things very fast, I think they know the situation
very well.

Early Fingerprint

We had Early Fingerprint(2nd) on March 31st, but so far no email and no LUD. According to FBI, they sent back Finger print report to INS on same day. I found most of the people get the email or LUD on same day after finger print.
Guys, do I need to go to local INS office to find out what is going on? I really hate to go down there; that palce is one of the worst place on the earth. I had been there couple of times before, and had worst experiences.
RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/18/2004
FP2 03/31/2005
EB3 I guess