Please share San Jose Passport Stamp experience here

szhao5198

Hi Guys,

I saw some people already shared their helpful stamping experience at this awsom site. Can someone share your experience at San Jose INS office here also?

Thanks a lot!

sz

Got my stamp today:

Went in around 0715(delayed because of lack of parking).

We were let inside at the door to join the rest of the Q to get the number.

I believe they have three series of numbers and on of them
is for I485 approvals. We were two adults and one child.
We got two numbers and the child was included in one of us.
We were called in arong 1000 AM and we got our passports
stamped at 1015.

Some people have gone to SFO as it appears the wait is
longet at San Jose.

Good lock to you all

Thanks for reply.

I got stamp also. But I got up very early and got on line at around 4:00AM.

Went in at around 7:30am and got 2 numbers for my wife and me. At around 9:00AM, our turn comes. Just give her Approval Notice/EAD/AP/I-94. Then sign and do finger print. Wait for another 20 mins. We got our passport stamped. No questions at all. The officer is nice and polite.

In San Jose, sometimes there are a lot people on line, sometimes less I guess. Anyway, comparing with a couple of years waiting and grinding, this is nothing.

Good luck to you all.

Going there tomorrow morning. Will post the Experience tomorrow....If any one has Pl. give some Time Lines for tomorrow......It is a working day.

Do they accept courtesy copy of approval notice? I noticed that it is said this courtesy copy may not be used in lieu of official notification......

By the way do they return the notice back or they keep it?

People with 485 Approval notices can go through the Appointment line at SJ INS.

Went to the office around 7AM. There were about 10 people in the appt. line. I could have gotten out by 9AM. I had to wait for my spouse to bring photos. Got stamped around 10:30AM. Showed EAD/APp. notice/PP. They asked for travel document, I told i don't have any.
I forgot to take AP with me. It was Straightforward , no questions asked.