Please share Passport stamping exp in Miami or West Palm Beach..

plasticcard

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We have to travel from MD to FL to get the passport stamped (we live in MD and address is FL). Hence, we do not want to take any chances.
We took an appointment for both of us at 9.30 AM. I have very bad experience in getting IEAD from Miami. Used to stand in the line at 4.30 am in the morning (still tere will be atleast 100 people ahead you!!). Miami closes the gate at 8.00 AM for the public.

So my question is should we go and stand in the line even if our appointment is at 9.30 am.

Thanks

No need to come so early...

Plasticcard,
there is no need to come so early.. just go to the
www.bcis-fla.com website and make your appointment. There is hardly any wait 10-20mins. Just be there at least an hour early... and ofcourse don't forget the MIAMI traffic!
My experiance @ Miami has been with interm EAD application....

Originally posted by plasticcard
Hi,

We have to travel from MD to FL to get the passport stamped (we live in MD and address is FL). Hence, we do not want to take any chances.
We took an appointment for both of us at 9.30 AM. I have very bad experience in getting IEAD from Miami. Used to stand in the line at 4.30 am in the morning (still tere will be atleast 100 people ahead you!!). Miami closes the gate at 8.00 AM for the public.

So my question is should we go and stand in the line even if our appointment is at 9.30 am.

Thanks

PlasticCard,

I received approval notice today. I may go to Miami INS tomorrow.

Aparnadus,

We also received the approval notices yesterday. We are going on Feb 27th.(we have to travel 600 miles for stampimg).
Please share your Miami experience.

Originally posted by plasticcard
Aparnadus,

We also received the approval notices yesterday. We are going on Feb 27th.(we have to travel 600 miles for stampimg).
Please share your Miami experience.

I went this morning around 5:30 AM and was out by 7:20 AM.
I did not take any appointment. Showed my approval letter and they let me in. No questions asked, officer just took my FP and signature and stamped my Passport.

Aparnadus,

Did you fill out the form (I-551) during stamping? We only gave FP and signature, but did not fill out the form. Our friends said that they did fill out the form

Stamping

Plasticcard,

Don't worry about I-551 form, the officer did not ask me to fill the form either. All they took was Index finger print and signature. BTW, I am aparnadus.

From my experince in Miami, there are two lines for the green card, One is for people who are there for renewing their green card, or for people who lost their green card, the other line is for approvals from visas. I went straight to the front door and showed the guard my approval notice, He let me in, I had to wait in line to get a number, then go up a ramp, wait again for my number to be called, then you get fingerprnted, and sign paper, passport gets stamped. I took about 2 - 3 hours for the whole process. I did not have appointment, Arrived in miami around 8:30 am, was out by 11:15am. They do stop people from coming in if they cannot process everybody that day. Just what I saw and experinced.....