Please share experience abt Visa stamping in Kolkata

sizzler

Please HELP.

I am from Chennai and decided to choose Kolkata for my H1b visa stamping, since all the dates in chennai are full till May.

My employer has given me a letter which states the Project start date as April 1st.

(1)Is this enough or what documents should i carry to justify my choice of Kolkata.

(2) what questions can i expect

Please respond

Hi,

I think it depends on your luck.. If the consular is so strict they may ask you to go to chennai consulate.. Because I happened for me the same. when I went to Delhi consulate.
She didn't see any of my documents, she was asking 2 / 3 questions and when she saw my petition , there will be a quesation if your petition is approved which consulate to be informed... there it was Chennai for me... I think that is the reason she asked me to go for Chennai... It all depends.. so you have to decide which one you want to take...

geema

I am from the Chennai area, but got my "new" H1 Visa stamped in Calcutta. This was 5 months back. Didn't have any issues.

-gxr

Is that your First H1B

hELLO gTX8,

Is that your First H1B...STAMPING OR ....please update

I stayed in US on different H1s in the past for 6 years. Stayed outside US (In India) for more than a year and applied for a new H1-B.

Theoretically, u can call it a First time H1.