PLEASE send your FAX to FBI in order to expedite Name Check

GC201

Registered Users (C)
USCIS has to hold your I-485 case until USCIS has received both Record Check result and Name Check result from FBI.

Name Check and Record Check are different. Record check is to check whether we have crime in USA, and is done immediately from FBI after we finish Finger Printing in USCIS. Name Check is to do check whether our name is samilar with terrorist.

PLEASE send your FAX to FBI in order to expedite Name Check. The FAX number is: 202-324-3367

here u go, (this is for FBI name check):

[Name]
[address]

Federal Bureau of Investigation Via Facsimile: (202) 324-3367

[Date]

SUBJECT: Information Needed on Name Check Status

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am the principal applicant for Adjustment Of Status / Permanent Residency (I-485) application pending with the USCIS in Texas Service Center since [Date]
My understanding is that my case may be waiting for a security name check to be performed by FBI on USCIS request.
I would appreciate a lot if you could help me to find out the status of this check for my dependants and me. You can write me, send e-mail, call or leave a voice mail using the contact information provided below.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

Applicants’ Case Information:

Name
Date of Birth
A-Number
I-485 Receipt Number
I-485 Notice Date

Contact Information:

Address: blah
Cell phone: blah
Email: blah

Sincerely yours,

[Name]

FAX format to FBI

Your address
Your Fax #

To:
National Name Check Program Section
FBI
Fax: 202-324-3367

September 29, 2004

Subject: expedite Name Check REQUEST

Dear Officer:

I just wanted to bring it to your attention that my Name Check is still pending in your office, even though United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) sent the request to your program in 2003.

A speedy processing of my Name Check would be greatly appreciated.

My personal information is:

Name: your name
Date of Birth:
Alias Number:

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,

your signature

your name

fax# just for TSC?

I would like to know if the fax #202-324-3367 can be used for the other service centers too.
My I485 application is pending at NSC.

the fax number is for FBI name check inquiry. All service centers send all FBI related matters to a single source...the FBI. pl. dont confuse this FBI name check inquiry with 'your 485 case status inquiry with ur respective service center'...these are two separate issues.

What else we can do after name checking

praytx,

The situation is if we send requests to FBI, and FBI replies and says your names are OK, what else can we do? Do we send FBI's replies to TSC by ourselves? Or will FBI send the name checking back to TSC by itself? Anybody please clearify. Thanks.

You can do nothing..You are just ruling things out..FBI informs results of all the checks to USCIS...They are not going to listen to you... :)

FYI...My name check was completed on Jan 11, 2003(FBI sent me an email..)..So I know Name check has been done..I also did my FP and FBI cleared the same day..so that is also out of the way..

The bottom line is If I do not get RFE then I should be approved soon.. :D

Therefore take actions to rule things out...

Jack,

I happen to file my 485 the exact date that you did, I would be curious on seeing how your case is evolving, i was schedule for oct 6 for FP but went early. How did you find out when your FBI check names was completed?

People here had given the FBI number to check on fingerprints, but I never heard about check name, would you kindly share that information with us?

Thanks