Please Respond: Anyone Travelled Delhi-Paris-US

ash_kapoor

Registered Users (C)
Hi.
There is conflicitng information on French Consulate Websites regarding requirement of Transit Visas.

- French consulate in NY says that if layover is greater than 6 hrs than you should apply for transit/short stay visa

- Chicago consulate doesnt mention anything like that and says that Indian Nationals dont need an **Airport** Transit Visa if they have a valid US visa.

I called the consulates and no one is clarifying anything. One of them rudely asked me only to contact the consulate than has jurisdiction over my location. I am very worried and confused.

Would be very helpful if anyone who traveled Delhi-Paris-US post their experiences.

More importantly if their layover was more than 6 hrs.

thanks very much in advance,
Ashish

Traveling DEL-CDG-JFK

Hi

I have travelled in the route once during Aug 2000 and the stopover was only 4 hours and I didnt take any Transit visa, I changed the terminals and waited for the flight for almost 4 hours.

But I hope this site would give you enough details about the transit visa.

http://www.france-in-india.org/Content/Content.asp?ParentID={D58A09C2-F6A8-11D5-87C9-000021F6F39B}&ID={98CEEA58-AFEC-4980-BBCC-FE60A757E73E}

Thanks

Mahesh

If you are travelling NY to India via Paris,and if you have a valid USA visa
with multiple entry (this is Important),then you no need for French Transit visa.Even if you have a valid visa with single point entry ,then you need to tke transit visa
Apart from the fact they want to control entry into their territory,
the logic is in case french authorities ,realise the need to send you back
then they should be clear to send you back -to the port of origination--
for which you need to have a valid visa-for them to do that