Please reply my post

RobertLangdon

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My AOS interview is sched for Dec 22nd,2005 @Newark...My lawyer wants to go w/us for interview(charging extra 1200 bucks)…my marriage is real…and I don’t really need him..but my problem is he has all my documents..so if I refuse him..i don’t think he is going to give me my file(I paid him 1000 at time of submitting application and now he is asking 1200 as final payment). I also don’t want to make interview officer suspicious by taking my lawyer…Is it okay to take my lawyer??

Why dont you want to take a lawer with you. I dont understand??? If your lawer helped you file your paperwork, then his/her names is already on the paperwork, and it is a regular procedure to take a lawer with you.

It doesnt impact your case at all if you do or do not have a lawer at the interview. I am taking mine since that is what they do as part of the filing procedure.

If you dont need him to go, ask him not to. BUT you will have to pay the balanace. The whole amount was a part of the agreement, wasn't it. You knew that it was going to be that much when you hired your new lawer.

There is no need to get a lawyer if you understand perfectly your case. Before your lawyer took over your case I think you signed an agreement stating the different parts of his/her services to you and the price.
If you just use a lawyer for paperwork so you wanted to be sure that you put the accurate information then the agreement should state just that part.
But if it was even including the interview, you can say that you don't need him but he is still working for you and he must submitt your information since is yours (unless the agreement stated something different) and if the price of 1200 was including if he or not appear during the interview you must pay so.
Check your agreement, Good luck,

cherr1980 & e17345

Many thanks to both of you guys...I really appreciate you taking out time and answering me..
Godspeed