Please reply..AP QUESTIONS for someone used AP for Travel..

Greenkaagaj

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have questions for those who have used AP for travel.

My RD Nov 2001. No approval yet.

I applied for AP at local INS at newark, NJ and got it the same day after a 7 hrs process.

what i got is one AP with photo and another one without it. (at the bottom it says 'for transportation or some like that). i plan to travel in couple of weeks and so

My questions are

- do we need to show/give AP when departing US.?
- what needs to be given/shown to airlines/airport official when returning from India ?
- what happens at the Port of entry at U.S on return and what is the procedure ?

Appreciate replies from those who used AP for travel.

Thanks

- do we need to show/give AP when departing US.?
No.
- what needs to be given/shown to airlines/airport official when returning from India ?
AP as well as your passport. This is what they checked for me. Bring other docs such as EAD, I-485 receipt just in case.
- what happens at the Port of entry at U.S on return and what is the procedure ?
You wait at the non-immigrant line at POE. The immigration officer checks your paper and stamps on your I-94. Then you are in.

AP usage experience - any more details on this ??

any more details on this wd be helpful please reply.

thanks

don't worry..

Hi Greenkaagaj

I used my Ap to travel to India. U need not have to show ur AP when departing. On ur return u gotto show ur AP & Passport in the Indian airport & also to be on the safer side have ur Employment letter & also ur I465 Papers(Originals). The officer will have a look @ it & will return all the papers back to u.

On ur return @ the port of entry just stay on the non immigrants que. Just show only the papers that the immigration officer asks u. My experience was..

The officer had a look @ my passport, AP original & also I485 original receipt, he flaped all the papers into a yellow file & asked me to go to a room & wait until i'm called. Once u get into the room u have to place the file in a file rack where it says yellow file in 1 rack & red colour files in the other. Place ur file in the exact rack & wait until ur called. I had to wait for 15 mins & then i was called & my passport was stamped as paroled until so & so date & i was send in.

Be prepared, u may also be questioned sometime, but nothing to worry, it'll be just normal Qns as.. of where u work & how long do u work there & all the blah blah Qns..

Let me know if u have anyother doubts i'll explain u.

Philapa..

1. I just recently travelled to India. When I am coming back they have taken a copy of my AP document at the Mumbai Airport and said this copy is for Travel agency.. Blah Blah.

2. And at the POE also they have taken a copy.

No need to worry at all. They may not ask many questions at the POE. It was really cool.

Many Thanks

Hi VyasarpadiMadhu & philapa

I plan to travel abroad and return with AP.

1. I don't have the I485 original receipt but the copy. Is the I485 original receipt absoutely necessary?

2. Do I need to show my I797 for H1/H4?

3. What date is the stamped date on your new I94? The expired date on AP or on I797 of H1/H4?

Thanks

Hi Xl088

Hi Xl088,

My lawyer suggested me to take the original receipt of my i485, which i didn't have & she had fedexed me. U can get the original i485 receipt from ur lawyer try to check it with ur lawyer.

I'm not sure abt the I797 for H1/H4. But i'm sure that i didn't use that. I just used my AP, passport & employment letter.

My new i94 says that i'm paroled until the date i enter into US. It doesn't mention any valid date.

Let me know if u have anyother Qns.

Thanks.

For those who have/used AP ???

I got my AP from local INS.

Along with a copy of the AP, i got a page titled 'notice to applicant' and it has para some like this.

"
presentation of this autorization will permit you to : resume your application for adj. of status upon your return to the U.S. blah blah."

My question is -

- Are they not going to process my I485 , because AP is issued/used. ?
- do you all have this page with yr AP ?.

Kind of confused. welcome your opinions and experience on this.

thanks.