Please reassure me about an oath rescheduling

Sid1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My naturalization interview was in November which I passed.... then I asked the interviewer to make a request on my application to have my oath ceremony after the month of December because I was going to travel during the December holidays. He said sure.... but couple of weeks later I got my oath appointment for Dec 18. Sure enough I had already made travel plans. So I followed the instructions to reschedule. I mailed back the form and wrote a letter saying that I cannot appear for that oath because "I will be traveling". I added that I would be grateful if they could reschedule my oath ceremony to the soonest possible date after Jan 1.
Do you think what I did was enough? I just said I was traveling but didn't give my destination or travel dates. I am on my holiday now so I don't know if a new oath date came for me in the mail.
By the way I live near downtown LA. Any experiences on rescheduling there would be welcome.
Thanks for reading and answering!

You did it correctly. Now you are away, you can't do anything. Can anyone check your mail? just enjoy your holidays and worry about it when you come back...Not like you can do anything from wherever you are..right?

You did it correctly. Now you are away, you can't do anything. Can anyone check your mail? just enjoy your holidays and worry about it when you come back...Not like you can do anything from wherever you are..right?

Yep you did what was required. Now you just have to wait weeks, months or even years (which some have) to get a new oath date...

Yep you did what was required. Now you just have to wait weeks, months or even years (which some have) to get a new oath date...

Eternal optimist I presume :rolleyes:

Sid1234, Rescheduling an Oath is perfectly normal. I know because I did it. You'll be fine. Worst case would be a few weeks, best would be days.