Please read this if you are a LEGAL immigrant

MADANST

Registered Users (C)
Whatever it is, we must hope these illegals dont get legalised.Otherwise if any form of legalization happens to these illegals, we will be in this STUPID LOTTERY SYSTEM called GC processing for another 50 years easily.

We will get fried in this waiting list for ever

I think the few lucky ones who got I-485 "pre-adjudication" already started should be OK. However it is hard to imagine how USCIS could handle to process applications for 11-20 million + bogus cases without sending our applications to the deepest blackhole. If illegal aliens receive the political priority now, do you really think all of sudden politicians would be interested in giving attention to our cases and make sure they are not ahead of us ? It is all lipservice.

I think we should call talk radio/programs and express our concerns regarding future delays caused by illegal aliens applications. I will try to call Bill O'Reilly and Michael Savage show.

MADANST said:
Whatever it is, we must hope these illegals dont get legalised.Otherwise if any form of legalization happens to these illegals, we will be in this STUPID LOTTERY SYSTEM called GC processing for another 50 years easily.

Shud call AC360 today !

Anderson Cooper is covering the Immig Debate today, perhaps worth calling expressing the plight of Legal Immig...

marlon2006 said:
I think the few lucky ones who got I-485 "pre-adjudication" already started should be OK. However it is hard to imagine how USCIS could handle to process applications for 11-20 million + bogus cases without sending our applications to the deepest blackhole. If illegal aliens receive the political priority now, do you really think all of sudden politicians would be interested in giving attention to our cases and make sure they are not ahead of us ? It is all lipservice.

I think we should call talk radio/programs and express our concerns regarding future delays caused by illegal aliens applications. I will try to call Bill O'Reilly and Michael Savage show.

The Plight

TV Coverage on the Plight of Immigrants.

The only plight is 485 is not getting adjucated. Many are waiting here and many are waiting in there home country ... waiting... endlessly to get there Green Card.

Well the guys who are already in US are bit lucky .. they can get to work with EAD or H1b etc ... But the guys who applied for GC from there home country ... after all the investment ... they are just waiting to get to US on green card and start working....

OK ... one can add some masalas .. like spouse not working and no promotions and D/L problems, Desi employer taking all the money etc etc.

But we are alive and working in EAD or xtended H1b.. and infact having much better life than most of the people around the globe.

Now ....... the question comes .. what is the solution.

The solution is quick 485 adjucation for all. Yes thats it, every one will be happy.

That quick is only possible if
1> They increase the visa number ... to cover all in the process.
2> Remove country quota

As the number of appllicants are so high that ....No other formula is going to work ..... and this dramatic increase might be some type of Amnesty.

Will the mass coverage .. force the citizens to urge there lawmakers .. to give that banket 485 approvals?

NO ... they don't care.

A small change in visa quota will not favour much .. only guys who were lucky to get preApproved older labors might get a quick benefits..

Then what might be the most likely solutions .. if ever there would be a solution :--

I think it might come from the undocumented workers.. They are 1 in every 5 worker in US work force... who are undocumented.
Thats a huge number and yes they have the means to get some sort of amnesty ... now or in near future.

With them .. we will all get the the future ... Every mail box will be filled .. with 10 emails -- card ordered for U.

MADANST said:

Chill. They go to back of the line. There is widespread conseus on this.

No. They may go to the end of line as far as "greencard" and citizenship go, but before, remember that at minimum "employment authorization documents" would need to be processed ,right ? That would be documents for the entire family as well. Also, the only motive democrats are pushing to legalize them is vote potential. This is only my own speculation, but don't you think democrats would continue to push to get illegal aliens paperwork as fast as they could in order to have millions of voters ready for them ?

Currently USCIS claimed that 25% of their time is spent on EADs. With all the due respect, this particular administration doesn't seem to be planning things. Apparently ideas are implemented without a thorough assessment... it is shocking.

I saw an article weeks ago in which the Center for Immigration Studies director asked Sen. Specter whether he did a study on how such guest-worker/amnesty would impact the population growth. Sen. Specter answer was direct and simple:I barely had chance to type this thing, he said. This give you an idea on what we have to deal with. At least I have to give Sen. Specter credits for his honesty when he admitted it.

I think we need somewhat a miracle to get us out of this mess.

gravitation said:
Chill. They go to back of the line. There is widespread conseus on this.