Please read this and advise

Nathang

Registered Users (C)
I have called CSC emergency number on Nov 22 to find out why my case is missing from the system and the lady officer whom I spoke with could not figure out the reason.

Meanwhile, I got a call from my friend, whose address is my correspondence address at USCIS saying he got a letter from USCIS saying they have a new address in file and they asked me to file AR-11.

this possibility could have happened only when I sent a senator enquiry, I put my current address, where as all these time I was using my friend's (citizen) address. Its a big mistake I have made.

After couple of hours, I called again and asked for the same lady and spoke to her and explained about the letter I received (address change) and explained to my situation, she said she would call for that file and call me back. she took my numbers. she advised me to hold on to the letter till she speak to me again.

Today (11/29) she called me back and said, yours, spouse and child's cases are with the officer for adjuducation, it might take 60 days. she DID NOT mention anything about the address change.

Now I am confused, whether to send AR-11 or not? yours advise is appreciated.

Here are my details:

140_ RD- Jun2002
First FP - Dec 2002 for me and spouse
I-140- AD- Jan2003 (with 3 RFE's in 6 months)
I-485 -RD-OCT2002
First FP - Dece 2002
Spuse second FP - Sept 10, 04
my second FP - Oct 28,2004
Got an email on Nov 3 from CSC saying my case is in line for adjudication with the adjudication officer. please allow sufficient time.
LUD - Nov 3, - FP results received
Nov4, 04 ( both me and spouse)
Senator letter on Nov 5
LUD on Nov 18, status disappeared from the system
Nov 17, receive a letter to send AR-11 for request of change of address.
Nov 22, called CSC emergency number
LUD on 11/24
Nov 29, got a call back from CSC emergency saying it vll b adjuducated in 60 days

Nathang said:
Now I am confused, whether to send AR-11 or not? yours advise is appreciated.

By law, you must file AR-11 within 10 days after moving to new address. You can be deported if you don't comply with the law. I don't want to sound scary, but just trying to make you aware of the current law.

Your AR-11 has nothing to do with your AOS/EAD/AP address. You can keep these addresses at your friend's address. But you must file AR-11 with your residential address.

Hello Pralay,

I am aware of the law. in my case I have not really changed address at all.

My senator enqiry letter had my residence address where as for my GC purposes, it was my friends address. because of the senator enquiry ( which carried my residence address), the system automatically updated my address and hence they are asking for AR-11.

Now pls tell me your suggestion.

Nathang said:
Hello Pralay,

I am aware of the law. in my case I have not really changed address at all.

My senator enqiry letter had my residence address where as for my GC purposes, it was my friends address. because of the senator enquiry ( which carried my residence address), the system automatically updated my address and hence they are asking for AR-11.

Now pls tell me your suggestion.

Don't know how to explain more. AR-11 has nothing to do with your case.

Did you send AR-11 when you moved to your new address (where you are living currently)????????

If your answer is "yes", then sit quiet. You don't need to anything.

If your naswer is "no", then you need to file AR-11 ASAP.

I moved to my current address 1.8 yrs back, that time, I did send AR-11.

I spoke to my attorney, he suggested to send AR-11. according to him, whenever the INS/csc receive any new address on an applicant ( whether u request for a change of address or not), the system automatically changes its address and request for a AR-11

so in mycase, senator enquiry with new address go automatically updated in the system and hence they are asking.

he suggested to send AR-11.
I am sending one today.

Nathang said:
I moved to my current address 1.8 yrs back, that time, I did send AR-11.

I spoke to my attorney, he suggested to send AR-11. according to him, whenever the INS/csc receive any new address on an applicant ( whether u request for a change of address or not), the system automatically changes its address and request for a AR-11

so in mycase, senator enquiry with new address go automatically updated in the system and hence they are asking.

he suggested to send AR-11.
I am sending one today.

If you have proof that you sent AR-11 1.8 years back (receipt of certified mail) you don't need to resend them again. That proof is enough. AR-11 (which is DHS form) has nothing to do with your case address at USCIS. I guess USCIS sends a standard notification (just as a advisory notice to file AR-11) when case address gets updated. But that can be ignored if AR-11 already filed in past for same addres.

Hello Pralay,

You answer sounds interesting and looks logic. but my previous AR-11 reflects address A to B, where as now it shows C to B. In anycase, I have mailed the AR-11 today and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Nathang, you did best. You have sent AR-11 for response of CSC. That is good. Just wait few days or weeks to be approved.

Thanks Chankuk, hope so..

My LUD got changed today again. last three business days its been changing.
God only knows whats going on their!

Here are my details:

140_ RD- Jun2002
First FP - Dec 2002 for me and spouse
I-140- AD- Jan2003 (with 3 RFE's in 6 months)
I-485 -RD-OCT2002
First FP - Dece 2002
Spuse second FP - Sept 10, 04
my second FP - Oct 28,2004
Got an email on Nov 3 from CSC saying my case is in line for adjudication with the adjudication officer. please allow sufficient time.
LUD - Nov 3, - FP results received
LUD Nov4, 04 ( both me and spouse)
Senator letter on Nov 5
LUD on Nov 18, status disappeared from the system
Nov 17, receive a letter to send AR-11 for request of change of address.
Nov 22, called CSC emergency number
LUD on 11/24
Nov 29, got a call back from CSC emergency saying it vll b adjuducated in 60 days
LUD on 11/29 and 11/30

Nathang said:
but my previous AR-11 reflects address A to B, where as now it shows C to B.

You don't need to file AR-11 for address change C-->B if you never lived in place C. Your I-485 correspondence address could be anything - your residence address or your work place address or your attorney's address or a mailbox. AR-11 address change is not related to any address given for the purpose on your I485 application correpondence. On the other hand, AR-11 C-->B is contradictory, when actually moved A-->B.

Either way, it's not a big deal.

Now I have filed my AR-11. Nothing I can do.. just to keep my fingers corrossed and hope for the best.