please read & respond. Appreciate your help

thanksalot

Registered Users (C)
I am sorry I did not find any other forum to post this. It is related here in some way.

My mother got the visitor visa at Bombay. 10yrs multiple entry. Only two questions asked 1)Who is in India & how long she wants to stay. Did not see any papers. Cool. Now problem is she has fallen sick since the time she got the visa. Right now doctors recommend not to visit USA. Now I am trying to apply for a visitir visa for my sister. She is married. Husband not travelling. Do you think she has any chance? should we attempt? Do these application have any adverse effect on the status of the sponsor?

Thanks

About whether your sister gets visa or not : it depends on her luck. One of my friend recently wanted to bring his mother, she has all the documentation. She has a son & daughter. But her visa got rejected saying that she is a potential immigrant becuase of the fact that she has only one son. Another of my friend's mother got a visitor visa to attend the graduation ceremony.

I don't think your status would be effected with your applications for visitor visa for your mother & Sister.

Good Luck.

I don't think this works out. The only basic thing that they make sure while issuing a temorary visa is the applicant should not immigrate. And unfortunately or fortunately, one of the major criteria in determining that is the age. If you are younger, they think that you have more chances of getting settling in US. So 99.9% of the times youngsters won't get visa until unless really there is valid reason. Otherwise all our siblings would have been here by this time. It should not effect you. You can give it a shot by trying to create a valid reason. They don't entertain that she has to assist you if you or your wife is pregnant and you mother is sick etc etc stories.

hi

I think you need some help as it happens in most cases. If you can show some requirement it shouldn't be a problem.

We tried visitor visas for wife's family last year.Her parents got 6 months visa only(that too after a interview) and her younger sister's visa was rejected citing potential immigrant.

My parents at the same time got 10 year multiple entry visa.No interview.No problem.

So I think that if you are not married and young then the chances of rejection are VERY HIGH.

I don't think your status would be effected with your applications for visitor visa.

thanksalot,

Because your sister is married and her husband is not travelling with her, she might get a visa irrespective of her age. One of my friend travelled with her son (visiting her brother). She got a visa without any problem.

thank you all

Luckily my sister is above 45 has 1 son & 2 daughters & husband is not traveling. She may have some property in her name. I am not sure. I think I will give a try. I am only worried in two counts.
1) since my mother got the visa & we are now trying for sister in a saperate application, the consulate may not see this with good intention. Should we cancel my mothers visa first?

2)For the same reason & the applications are not made together they might suspect that the sponsor is trying to bring in more
people & may start some problem?

3)What are the valid reasons consulate respects & issues a visa.

Appreciate your response.

Don't worry much.

I don't think consulate will bother how many you are trying to get here as you long as you have financial support capability.

As I said earlier 4 visitor visas were approved on our behalf( my parents and my wife's parents) last year.They were filed more or less at the same time.