Please read: Our thoughts to get the I140/485 process improvements ..

satya27476

Registered Users (C)
I believe everybody has the problem, feeling the pain..
of delays:

Keeping same job and employer is difficult at this in the job market. The delays may be ing dipression , other disorders and affecting work as well.
It does not make sense for an application to wait for one year before the processing starts.

I485 are waiting since Nov 2001, which is last stage and most of the checks would have been done in LC, I140 as well.

What can be done to clear the backalog ?

DO you favor either of more fee for all applications or for aplications for applications that need more processing ?

How long can they manipulate the number of days for each application like (90-485) or 90-2000 ? I guess it is abuse. Do we have any protection from such abuse ?

If they need more funding, they need to decide if they have to charge everybody more money.

AILA need to ask them what specific issues are causing delays and need BCIS/AILA/all of us need to work to resolve the issues.

Mr. Khanna has initiated forum for I485 delays.

Share your thoughts and we will start another thread as well for this.

There is no problem with the fees being charged. Infact the INS makes a lot of money charging fees for sleeping over applications.
Rasmeek

I-140 is company's application we are just the beneficiaries

So, I don't think we can do anything.

In fact they might be doing us a favor by replying to our questions on I-140. They are liable to reply only to the lawyer or the company.

And as we all know, company does not have a slightest interest in early I-140 approval.

So just take this grind. Yes, its affecting our temparament, work, health. But they have made it like a war.

And when you are at war - you end up paying the price - whether you win or loose.

Have patience and have lots of them. Don't expect anything to change.

Its more like stock market too. When things get worse people say it cannot go worse than this. But as all found out the hard way - it can.

Same thing here. When they said 360 days - all of us grumbled. Are they crazy 360 days? Lo and behold they came out with 485 days, we grumbled more - but could not do anything.

We want to sit in other mother's lap. So be prepared to be treated as a step-child. We think that after I-140 approval we are safe. But read some posts in 485 forum - and you will know that it might be a bigger hell.

You may think after 485 we will be safe. But no guarantee - GC can be revoked. Rules can and may change any time.

Sounds all very depressing? But that is what comes out from a person - if nothing moves.

Only bright thing right now is. We are already in November on the North East and we still got a day with temprature in 60s. So enjoy. If you love sking - better days are ahead.

But if the only think which can make us happy is movement in I-140, I have to say we are looking at a carrot which will keep on eluding.

If you got this far reading all the thing above - sorry for wasting your time. But I cannot think of any constructive way of handling this situation.

May God Bless us all.