Please read if your e-File 765 crashed on payment

Robert30033

Hi All
Looks like im going to add myself to the list of people who have e-Filed a 765 and crashed on payment. You know, the lucky ones who have ended up with no application, and no receipt number but have had the pleasure of being charged $175 for the convenience.

My story is much the same as everybody's else. A tale of incompetent people not knowing what to do, but give instructions that are neither correct or helpful, to bring this situation to an end.

I have made 4 phone calls, wasted about 5 hours on the phone and still haven’t got any ware. On my second call , I was told to go to INS in Atlanta to finish the application. Next day I went, waited and waited, to be told that you can only file the application by mail through a NSC. Great. Another 4 hours wasted. Grrrrrr

I ended up doing a writen application and put a cover letter, stating what happened, with copies of my credit card statement and print outs of every page. 1 week later, I get everything back asking me to pay the $175 by check. Grrrrrrrr

I rang again and was put through to 4 departments. I ended up at a place called Debt Management Centre. Spoke to a lady there who said, to email her everything and she would get a receipt number or reverse the charge.
And she said quote " Never heard of that before" and I believed her, not until I did a google search, realized that a is common.
Yep, haven't heard from her since..

So the last thing to do , is to contact my credit card company and get them to reverse it. I cannot see any other way.

My question, to you all where this has happened, has anybody got this issue resolved though INS. If so who did you speak to? I know this is a long shot, I have accepted that the credit card company is the only way to get my money back.

Thanks for your time.

Robert

I had the same problem. I was told to write to the Vermont Service Center, which I never did, fearing they would cancel the 2nd application I submitted. I am planning to write after I get my EAD. USCIS is weird like that. It should be privatized in my opinion. Then we'd have better (faster) service.

Same here

My $500 takem from CC and no response since one month. The answer from NSC centre is to write letter to the vermont service centre. Dont know what to do..

that's the only way

Since I've waited 1 month and got no response from INS, I guess reversing the credit charge and do the paper filing is the only way we can help ourselves.

BTW, I logged into the e-filing system today and found my I-765 form,which had "action needed", was gone. So, there will be no receipt # forever, I guess.

Good News

After more complaining, I finally got hold of the efiling department. They seam to be aware of the problem and advised on Sunday 11th they got a new payment processor and hense the problem has been fixed.

email for this department for any and everybody who is still having problems is
E-FilingProgram.Managementteam@dhs.gov

Hope this helps everybody.

Robert

When we have such unresolved problems, we could go and file reports with BBB & FTC & whatever! But what do we do when an incompetent department like USCIS gives us such problems!