Please read and reply soon&help me decide

anushri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Has anyone of you came across the situation where your labor has been crtified for a particular position and you are promoted to a higher position with a different designation but job duties remaining the same.
I have heard change of designation may cause problem in CP interview.
If anyone has heard this type of situation please share as i may have to change from CP to 485 becoz of this.

please reply.
Thanx in advance
anushri

My Case is similar

Hello Anushri,

My case is some what similar to your post. My labor is filed as "Project Manager, Finance& Distribution" and my current designation is "Group Manager, IT Applications" and same is printed on DS-230 Part1.

My Attorney has cautioned me on this subject and advised, if asked in IV interview, stick to the fact that it is a natural progression of the position for which labor cert is filed. I have same job responsibilities along with new responsibilities. My Attorney also advised me that Consular officers are aware of the possibility of changes in title or designation given the amount of time it takes to reach till CP process. How ever may want to find out whether you are doing entirely different job in this new position.

I had a successful interview on 12/16/2003. When I was asked what is your designation? I replied "Group Manager, IT Applications" and I did not had any issue.

This is my personal experience. Please contact your Attorney to make sure and then take decision.

Best Regards,

Durga Prasad.

I concur with DP that the Consular officers are aware of natural progression and if asked tell them your current correct title. It should not be an issue!

Re: My Case is similar

Hello Colt2003,
It was so nice of you replying as i am real confused, i have the same case as yours..
can you please tell what designation did you write in the employent offer letter you get from the company for CP interview.????
Was your salary also changed (salary raise) from what was shown in labor becoz of promotion.
Do you have any idea that this may raise some questions?????

Please do reply
Thanx
anushri.

Originally posted by Colt2003
Hello Anushri,

My case is some what similar to your post. My labor is filed as "Project Manager, Finance& Distribution" and my current designation is "Group Manager, IT Applications" and same is printed on DS-230 Part1.

My Attorney has cautioned me on this subject and advised, if asked in IV interview, stick to the fact that it is a natural progression of the position for which labor cert is filed. I have same job responsibilities along with new responsibilities. My Attorney also advised me that Consular officers are aware of the possibility of changes in title or designation given the amount of time it takes to reach till CP process. How ever may want to find out whether you are doing entirely different job in this new position.

I had a successful interview on 12/16/2003. When I was asked what is your designation? I replied "Group Manager, IT Applications" and I did not had any issue.

This is my personal experience. Please contact your Attorney to make sure and then take decision.

Best Regards,

Durga Prasad.

That's OK

can you please tell what designation did you write in the employent offer letter you get from the company for CP interview.????

"Project Manager, Finance& Distribution"

Was your salary also changed (salary raise) from what was shown in labor becoz of promotion

Yes. My salary was also increased. Do not worry if your current salary is more than the one in LC. In employment letter my salary is mentioned as "Not less than xxxxxx".

Regards.

Re: That's OK

Originally posted by Colt2003

"Project Manager, Finance& Distribution"

Was your salary also changed (salary raise) from what was shown in labor becoz of promotion

Yes. My salary was also increased. Do not worry if your current salary is more than the one in LC. In employment letter my salary is mentioned as "Not less than xxxxxx".

Regards.

Hi colt2003,
i want one more favor from you. if you dont mind can u give the eaxct words which described your designation in your employment/offer letter you got from your company.
Hope i'll get a reply.

Thanx in advance
anushri.