Please raise your hand if your prioirty is before new cut-off date

Don't forget the cute little warning at the end of the bulletin...

Item D in the Visa Bulletin (number 85) announcing the September cut-off dates provided information regarding the prospects of visa availability during the early months of FY-2006. Many categories have become oversubscribed for October, and cut-off dates established due to continued heavy demand for numbers by CIS for adjustment of status cases. Forward movement of the cut-off dates in these categories is likely to be limited.

We are royally *&^@ed man..

I am loosing all hopes in the existing system.

Loooong way to go .. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BellaN said:
Don't forget the cute little warning at the end of the bulletin...

Item D in the Visa Bulletin (number 85) announcing the September cut-off dates provided information regarding the prospects of visa availability during the early months of FY-2006. Many categories have become oversubscribed for October, and cut-off dates established due to continued heavy demand for numbers by CIS for adjustment of status cases. Forward movement of the cut-off dates in these categories is likely to be limited.

Yes mine is before the cutoff date.Its Jan 1988.Cool Dude

Yes! mine is before the cutoff date.Its Jan 1988.Cool Dude :rolleyes: :D :D .I have to just search the paper and I am done.All the best u guys.
USCIS is best organization in the world.It gives GC to 2005 filer and refuses to 2001 and then goes to 98.This is called random number monte carlo simulation model.Well done USCIS.
2 years ago one of my indian colleague married a old Afro american lady (citizen) . I asked him why are you doing this as you can get GC easily thru ur employer.He said " I don't have that much pateince ".Now i feel ,he was too smart and understood the system too fast.
Hey POJ ,do u still feel God is in control or USCIS is the boss?

myh said:
I still can not believe it. My last hope is that if there are not so many people's priority date prior to the new cut-off date. There will be a chance that cut-off date will move fast.

Please raise your hand if your priority date is before new cut-off date.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2631.html

myh said:
Please raise your hand if your priority date is before new cut-off date.

The only thing I can see is State Dept's raised finger (to all of us) :(

I don't think there is anyone with PD before the current cutoff dates ..... I don't know where they're pulling these dates from !

Guess we need to start getting to know each other here -- we're gonna be in this for a very long time now !

Friends,
Can we think of any alternative, like sending faxes to congressmen etc.
Any thoughts ? May be we contact Rajiv Khanna/mutrhy for their inputs, Nobody expected this disaster, this is more than hurricane khatrina.

Freinds,

if you notice all the cutoff dates posted are the 1st of the month for EB categories. Where as that is not the case in FB categories. Does this mean DOS just picked the month and put the dates , or is it a coincidence that all the cutoff dates are 1st of the month...

My guess is DOS and USICS are streamlining the process and backlog reduction and things should move fast

Also if you notce the structure of TCS(available on USICS website). There are 2 divisions ,

1. For all 485 Cases filed between 2004 & 2005
2. For all 485 Cases Prior to 2004.

My guess is USICS created 2 groups. One to ensure the backlog is reduced and the other to ensure that more backlog does not get created . Also this way they can claim they are processing 485 cases within 6 months

Any Thoughts?

There is no telling ...

aris said:
Freinds,

if you notice all the cutoff dates posted are the 1st of the month for EB categories. Where as that is not the case in FB categories. Does this mean DOS just picked the month and put the dates , or is it a coincidence that all the cutoff dates are 1st of the month...

My guess is DOS and USICS are streamlining the process and backlog reduction and things should move fast

Also if you notce the structure of TCS(available on USICS website). There are 2 divisions ,

1. For all 485 Cases filed between 2004 & 2005
2. For all 485 Cases Prior to 2004.

My guess is USICS created 2 groups. One to ensure the backlog is reduced and the other to ensure that more backlog does not get created . Also this way they can claim they are processing 485 cases within 6 months

Any Thoughts?

A lot of things are possible but its almost impossible to put some sort of positive spin on this development. Sometimes we have to just accept that our luck ran out. I don't think we should give up here but I would not fault anyone who makes alternate plans at this point. There is only so much waiting around one can do. Life has to move on for all of us.

regards,

saras

March to Washington DC in thousands on a particular day to tell our side our story to senator. Be it a very peacful walk??? Any taker?

Nu a tolku s togo ?
Oni mogut tianut tak skolko ugodno a potom zabaklogit vseh ostalnyh ...

ha,

ha gsala, stolbovoy

I see at least 4 people here from xSU with I-485 RD beginning 2003, PD current and still not approved. Looks like this is common namecheck issue, which for us is the equivalent or even worse than retrogression.