Please post your experience if you have changed address successfully with INS

gc_hopefully

Registered Users (C)
I am seriously thinking of moving to somwhere under San jose or Sacramento area INS as there is a high probability of getting an interview and SFO has a 1 year wait to schedule interview. I would really appreciate if someone can share their experince who has successfully done something like this and INS has changed the address in their system to reflect the change and also has forwarded EAD, AP or any other important things to correct new address.Also which one is faster san jose or sacramneto in your opinion. Thanks for any type of help in this matter.How can I find out which counties are under Sacramento. Is Contra Costa county under Sacramneto??

I did

My lawyer sent the AR-11 form for address change. Called up after about a month and confirmed the change with an IIO. Rcvd my I485 approval on the new address last week.

Filled up Ar-11 for myself, wife and kid and mailed it to washington dc. called INS service center and informed the IIO about change of address. She was not helpful and wanted my lawyer call up. Had my lawyer call up and inform the change of address. Checked a couple of days later and found my address updated.

Question for you gc_hopefully..

How do you infer that there is a high probability of an interview? What are the factors or circumstances that cause an interview?

my lawyer thinks because of my ethnicity and few of my coworkers also who come from same ethnic background has been called for interview, so that's how I am coming to this conclusion of high probability that I will also be called. It's just a educated guess under current circumstances after 9/11.

address change

Codex ,Can you tell me which number you tried at INs to talk to IIo about address update & the number where you confirmed the
address change, I need to confirm the same.

Thanks

Deeps

949-831-8427. Press option '0' and after few (about 15-20 min) an IIO will come on line and you can check it up with her.