Please participate: AP Faq

Originally posted by letzhope
I have used EAD can I enter US using my h1-b visa stamp

No if you have used EAD you need AP to enter US
I think the answer should be "Yes" If some one has a valid H1B (with visa stamp) then they can come back using H1B (to switch status from AOS pending to H1B).

-PCee

Originally posted by PCee
I think the answer should be "Yes" If some one has a valid H1B (with visa stamp) then they can come back using H1B (to switch status from AOS pending to H1B).

-PCee

I think the answer should be, using EAD would invalidate your H1, so unless you have a fresh valid h1 stamp, you need to use your AP.

Pcee,

my understanding was that once you use EAD to work your H1-b becomes automatically invalidated and thats is the reason i said that. I Will put a big question mark against that answer

Hi Guys,

For CSC I did not find the Right Address to file AP in the BCIS website. The mailing list has all the PO BOX and Zip codes but none exists for I-131 or AP.

Can you guys list the address in FAQ or in this thread.

Thanks

All APs (I-131) go to NSC?

I plan to apply for yet another AP also - this time by myself. If you look at the BCIS page for CSC (http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/california/aboutus.htm#anchorACCEPT)
it mentions that all I-131 forms should be mailed to NSC.

The NSC webpage (http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/aboutus.htm#specific) also specifies that all forms I-131 regardless of petitioner's residence must be mailed to NSC.

I'll check with my lawyer also (if he's gracious enough to reply).

Re: All APs (I-131) go to NSC?

explorer, BCIS site said
All Forms I-131, Application for Travel Document (Re-entry Permit or Refugee Travel Document only), are filed with the Nebraska Service Center.

If you are going to apply for Advance Parole send your application to CSC.

If you are going to apply for Re-entry Permit or Refugee Travel Document send your application to Nebraska Service Center

AP

Hi Guys,

This is what I understood, when I spoke to my lawyer about AP.

If you are working on same H-1 from company who has filed your GC, then you do not need AP.

You need AP when,

(1) You work on EAD (that means you are no more on H-1 or H-4)
(2) Your H1 has expired (For example your 6 yrs has expired and you do not want to renew your H1 but switch over to EAD)

Re: All APs (I-131) go to NSC?

Tasse,
I wish i had known this.
I sent my AP application (renewal) to NSC.
This got transferred to CSC ( got a notice of transfer ).

Beats me why they would say "ALL" when they don't mean
"ALL", But then that would be too much to expect from BCIS,
i guess.
-GE

Greenenvy, can you put this discussion in a question answer format, and then I'll put it in the faq?

PO box for I-131

What is the correct PO box # for mailing I 131 to CSC center.

Info. missing on BCIS web site for I-131 (as usual !!!).

Also, assume the chek is made to BCIS??

Thanks

two silly questions:

1. Entered with AP, working under EAD. Do I have to apply for a AP before it expires if I do not plan to leave US? In other words, am I able to work once AP expired?

2. Am I the only one interprets the following differently?
if the alien's H-1 or L-1 employment authorization would not have expired, [had the alien not left and returned under advance parole,] the Service will not consider a paroled adjustment.
The above never means that once you have used AP to enter, you can still work for the same company, as indicated by the conclusion of this thread.
My understanding is[confirmed by my lawyer]: Once you have used AP to return, you are a parolee, won't have H status anymore, DISREGARDING if you are working for the very same company or not, you cannot work under H status anymore. You have to have EAD or a new H status, which you can only get by re-entering US under H visa.