• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

please need urgent help on dv lottery 2014

Ok ok. Now u will have to wait untill september to be current and get un interview. They will send u an email about 6 week +- before. U must just keep on checking you email from july 2014. Is it now clear?

just an update our case file was successful transferred to china and we had a smooth interview by 2nd of january,and the visa was issued .thanks guys for your helps.

just an update our case file was successful transferred to china and we had a smooth interview by 2nd of january,and the visa was issued .thanks guys for your helps.

Glad to hear it all went smoothly, and congratulations on the visa!

I there, can someone help me with advices, i have two preoccupations,
1. About the affidavit of support:
- I have a friend ready to sign the affidavit of support for me and he's staying in Y state but the one who is going to accomodate me is living in X state. My questions are:
- Is it possible to have such situation?
- If yes, where must I put the POE and the adress for the green card?
-Is any possibility to have a co-sponsor? I mean, two persons accept to take you in charge. If yes, how is it working and how both can sign the affidavit?

2. My second preoccupation, I am about to pass my interview, but since may 2013 i applied for the long form marriage certificate, it still not ready yet. I have a small certificate, proof of payment for the application of the long form and plenty wedding pictures koz now more than six years we have been married. In that case what must I do?

Thanks for your quick response and may The Almighty bless you.

You can petition your self you don't actually need a sponsor. Maybe you can have your existing marriage certificate notarized. Let me know how the interview goes I'm also having mine in china when my number hopefully becomes current aug/sep

I there, can someone help me with advices, i have two preoccupations,
1. About the affidavit of support:
- I have a friend ready to sign the affidavit of support for me and he's staying in Y state but the one who is going to accomodate me is living in X state. My questions are:
- Is it possible to have such situation?
- If yes, where must I put the POE and the adress for the green card?
-Is any possibility to have a co-sponsor? I mean, two persons accept to take you in charge. If yes, how is it working and how both can sign the affidavit?

2. My second preoccupation, I am about to pass my interview, but since may 2013 i applied for the long form marriage certificate, it still not ready yet. I have a small certificate, proof of payment for the application of the long form and plenty wedding pictures koz now more than six years we have been married. In that case what must I do?

Thanks for your quick response and may The Almighty bless you.

As Eucn says, strictly speaking you don't need a sponsor, but if you have to have one in order to show financial ability then yes get an affadavit of support. That isn't "technically" a sponsor in DV terms, but anyway...

The X and Y state thing is fine. During your interview you may be asked for the I-134. That will show the Y state, but you might need to explain the relationship to that person. Then you may be asked where you will live, in your case that will be the other friend in X state, but that is not a big deal - and I doubt they will go into detail that much AS LONG AS you are clear about why/how the friend in X state is willing to help this way (otherwise it may appear that you are lying just to have an I-134).

The POE is simply the first place you land in the States - the place where they process your papers that are given to you during the interview. You don't have to "declare" your POE, it just happens because of the flight you choose. You are then free to travel to wherever you like.

Don't bother with two I-134s - as long as the first is financial sound that is all you need.

Regarding the marriage cert, has the reciprocity page for your country specified the long form certificate? What country is this? Usually the distinction of "long form" versus "short form" or partial extract is discussed about birth certificate. For marriage certificates an official original is normally good enough.

As Eucn says, strictly speaking you don't need a sponsor, but if you have to have one in order to show financial ability then yes get an affadavit of support. That isn't "technically" a sponsor in DV terms, but anyway...

The X and Y state thing is fine. During your interview you may be asked for the I-134. That will show the Y state, but you might need to explain the relationship to that person. Then you may be asked where you will live, in your case that will be the other friend in X state, but that is not a big deal - and I doubt they will go into detail that much AS LONG AS you are clear about why/how the friend in X state is willing to help this way (otherwise it may appear that you are lying just to have an I-134).

The POE is simply the first place you land in the States - the place where they process your papers that are given to you during the interview. You don't have to "declare" your POE, it just happens because of the flight you choose. You are then free to travel to wherever you like.

Don't bother with two I-134s - as long as the first is financial sound that is all you need.

Regarding the marriage cert, has the reciprocity page for your country specified the long form certificate? What country is this? Usually the distinction of "long form" versus "short form" or partial extract is discussed about birth certificate. For marriage certificates an official original is normally good enough.

He needs a full mariage certificate, which takes about 4 to 5 months to be issued from home affairs!
If doesn't get issued than he has to re apply again the service delivery at the gome affairs in SA is very poor when it comes
To such a documents....

Thanks Eucn, simon and vladek. I think for the affidavit there is no more concern or issue. The problem is now the marriage certificate. As Vladek mention it in South africa the US embassy ask for the full marriage certificate the one i applied for since May 2013. What can I do if it still not available the day of my interview?

Thanks Eucn, simon and vladek. I think for the affidavit there is no more concern or issue. The problem is now the marriage certificate. As Vladek mention it in South africa the US embassy ask for the full marriage certificate the one i applied for since May 2013. What can I do if it still not available the day of my interview?

Show up bring what you got and hope for the best. Maybe you will be placed in ap for further review giving you more time. Maybe other supporting documents will help the consulate make a decision. I'm sure yours is not the first case they have had. Try calling them.

Show up bring what you got and hope for the best. Maybe you will be placed in ap for further review giving you more time. Maybe other supporting documents will help the consulate make a decision. I'm sure yours is not the first case they have had. Try calling them.

Eucn is correct about the AP thing. If you take the marriage cert you have, and they insist on seeing the full cert, then they will put you on AP pending you producing that document. Do what you can to get it prior to the interview, but don't stress about it if you can't get it in time...

Dani, the marriage certificate should not have taken much longer than a month. Get on the DHA website, look up the regional manager for your area and email or, better, call them. Tell them you have been waiting 5 months. The people on the ground are sloppy but the guys in charge really do try hard. We went this route after having an issue with one birth certificate and we got a call back within an hour to say we could go pick it up...
As above if not available on interview date go anyway with what you have.