Please Need Info on Stamping

drpsraju

Dear Friends,

I recently got my H 1 visa approved and am joining for my job next week, As I have been here for a couple of years am very eager to go to India and am worried to get my stamping in India as I came on a B 1 and got it tranfered in the USA.
I need some expert advice on where I can go for stamping, My attorney in LA told that getting it in Canada is a major risk factor and it will be better to go to Mexico. But there is one problem in some consulates in Mexico they give us a hard time so I am very confused.
Please give me advice and guidence to resolve my issue.

Thanks as always..to our helping friends.

Raj

I think Mexico has stopped issuing h1 stamp. Please check nvars.com (U can go upto confirming an appointment).
Canadian US consulate people are known to discourage Non US degree holders.
I would suggest having Canada (or mexico if available) as the first try and then go to home country as back up.

I think Mexico has stopped issuing h1 stamp. Please check nvars.com (U can go upto confirming an appointment).
Canadian US consulate people are known to discourage Non US degree holders.
I would suggest having Canada (or mexico if available) as the first try and then go to home country as back up.

Sharing experience on B1 to H1

I also came on B1/B2 visa in USA and transfer my visa from B1/B2 to H1B. I went to Montreal, Canada for stamping visa and it worked out. FYI: I went for stamping after sep. 9/11. But ...it always depends on visa officer. As Jaxen said I would also suggest to go first Canada and they try at your home county because in home country you might get trouble.
Another important part is that 1) As you came here on B1/B2 visa, you might not have US degree. So must carry your validated Indian degree which your lawyer have did when applied for H1B.
2) Carry atleast 4-5 last pay stubs + your other H1B papers.
Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
REVALIDATION IN CHENNAI

I visting india this december. How long does it take to get your visa stamped at Chennai for revalidation? I am only there for 3 weeks. Thank you