Please Need Help

No Title

Thanks mke23, you gave me very helpful information. A general question Mr.X has an EAD(which is being renewed every year), and his 485 is being processed ....
b so if he has lot of money he does not have to worry about working.
I am talking in terms of legal. Only thing he has to worry is his primary employer has to provide necessary documents if there is any RFE.
b He will not be out of status even he is not working for anyone.

Please confirm on this. Thank you very much for your help.

No Title

This discussed has provided lot of info to me. I have a question?, In my case my I140 has not yet approved and I am planning to change my employer with new H1. My Current employer promised me that, even though I go to a new employer with new H1 they can continue my GC processing. Does this impact my GC or do I need to wait until I140 approval and EAD.

Thanks...

No Title

RRM,

If your employer is willing to continue your GC process, you can leave even before the I-140 apprroval since GC is for future job. When you are applying for I-485, your employer will give you an employment letter. It all depends on the sposoring employer as to how accomodating he is?

Doniw.

No Title

yes, Mr X can be on vacation/leave and not work, as far as company A is supporting his gc. He wont be out of status with I-485 pending / EAD. So he is legally protected.

No Title

On I-485/EAD he will be always in status. So Mr X maynot work for anyone else, he can go on leave. As far as company A supports his gc he is fine.