Please I need Help on 1864

tanga

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

My mother GC holder sponsored my young brother for F2A visa. My brother visa now is in the hand of NVC. My mother does not work, but she have assets in overseas. I supposed to sponsor my brother, but me and my wife we had to quit our jobs in Sept. 2010 in order to attend school in a different city. I have all the pay stub, proof of enough income that we used to make me and my wife. But in current situation, we have school money, and saving money which can help us to live for another year without working. My question is, because my mother have only assets in overseas, myself and my wife we don't work, can we still sponsor my young brother? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
His visa was not approved. If it was already approved, you wouldn't need to worry about providing financial documentation at this point.

What happens is that the I-130 petition has been approved, now the financial documents and other information need to be submitted so his immigrant visa can be approved.

Your mother can use her overseas assets for the Affidavit of Support, if the assets can be sold quickly enough and the money can be transferred to the US (she doesn't need to actually sell them, the assets just have to be sellable).

His visa was not approved. If it was already approved, you wouldn't need to worry about providing financial documentation at this point.

What happens is that the I-130 petition has been approved, now the financial documents and other information need to be submitted so his immigrant visa can be approved.

Your mother can use her overseas assets for the Affidavit of Support, if the assets can be sold quickly enough and the money can be transferred to the US (she doesn't need to actually sell them, the assets just have to be sellable).

Thanks for reply, I just have one more question,
Her asset is basically a house which value around 125k. Do you know if I still need to include my self in affidavit of support even though I'm out of work for one month. I have all the paystub saved, plus 3 years tax return? Thanks

Thanks for reply, I just have one more question,
Her asset is basically a house which value around 125k. Do you know if I still need to include my self in affidavit of support even though I'm out of work for one month.

Your income may be unnecessary, depending on all the facts... Is there still a mortgage on the house, and if yes how much is owed to the bank? Is there any lease or lien that would prevent her from selling the house? And what is her US household size, according to the I-864 counting rules? Does she have any other assets or income (including pension or Social Security)?

Your income may be unnecessary, depending on all the facts... Is there still a mortgage on the house, and if yes how much is owed to the bank? Is there any lease or lien that would prevent her from selling the house? And what is her US household size, according to the I-864 counting rules? Does she have any other assets or income (including pension or Social Security)?

Thank you

1: No mortgage the house is already paid
2: No she doesnt, she own the home 100%
3: I just sponsor her for GC in 12/2009, so she does not have any income, SS in US, all she have is home, which is located in overseas.

Thanks