please i need advise

Elcon_Quistador

Registered Users (C)
first of all dont judge me please, most americans dont know the real meaning of being hungry, going to bed with an empty stomach, they are quick to judge the people that come here to the states looking for a better life. I came here to the states with a tourist visa but i overstayed , after that i went back to my country and came back but at the time of entry the immigration officer notice that i overstayed and cancelled and revoked my visa for 5 years, they send me back . the next day I enter the states illegally , that was 10 years ago . In those 10 years I got married ( to us citizen ) and had children, bought 3 houses and build a business with 40 employes, pay taxes and insurance and both health and business ( never a criminal record ) . I know i did wrong and there's a penalty for that , we send the I-130 long time ago and got approval but the next step was to go back to my country which i didnt do because of the business and the family which i know that i had broken the law and the consequence of that was that maybe i was going to be stuck without a chance to come back.
Question 1 : whats the penalty for a visa that got cancelled and staying in the country anyway , plus entering illegally?
Question 2 : does it matter that i got married 8 years ago to us citizen and build a big company from the ground ?
Question 3 : if i go back to my country, is there a chance that i might never come back to the us or how does it work?
Thanks for your time to read this lines and please again, dont judge .

I recently got an immigrant Visa to USA and i have a NYC address as my final destination, but now the person i was to stay with there cannot accomodate me again, thereby leading to getting another place to stay in Houston,my question is can i just go to Houston as my port of entry to US, or will i have to go to NYC first before moving to Houston, will this not bring issues? if i change my residing address at the Houston port of entry, will my SSN and GC still be sent to my Houston address? please help me out!

I recently got an immigrant Visa to USA and i have a NYC address as my final destination, but now the person i was to stay with there cannot accomodate me again, thereby leading to getting another place to stay in Houston,my question is can i just go to Houston as my port of entry to US, or will i have to go to NYC first before moving to Houston, will this not bring issues? if i change my residing address at the Houston port of entry, will my SSN and GC still be sent to my Houston address? please help me out!

First of all this Is not your thread, so please start a new thread next time.

I am assuming that you are NOT a family based immigrant.
Your answer is that you don't have to come to Newyork at all and come through any city in US including Houston.
You will be able to request change of your address to a address in Houston at the port of entry. Make sure you advise them with the change of address and your GC and SS Card will be mailed to that address.

no it was not filed before april 30 2001 and thats one one the reasons that we couldn't do anything, everything changed after 9-11 and i was not aware of it. thanks for your response

i had spent thousands of dollars on immigration lawyers and nobody has been able to give me an answer or help me .

Last edited by a moderator:
i had spent thousands of dollars on immigration lawyers and nobody has been able to give me an answer or help me .

I'll tell you what your attorney should have told you.

The INA is Title 8 of the United States Code.

8 USC 1326. Reentry of removed aliens

(a) In general

Subject to subsection (b) of this section, any alien who--
(1) has been denied admission, excluded, deported, or removed or
has departed the United States while an order of exclusion,
deportation, or removal is outstanding, and thereafter
(2) enters, attempts to enter, or is at any time found in, the
United States
, unless (A) prior to his reembarkation at a place
outside the United States or his application for admission from
foreign contiguous territory, the Attorney General has expressly [You did not file an I-191, I-192, or I-212 and did not get permission to re-enter.]
consented to such alien's reapplying for admission; or (B) with
respect to an alien previously denied admission and removed, unless
such alien shall establish that he was not required to obtain such [You did not wait out your 5 year ban.]
advance consent under this chapter or any prior Act,

shall be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or
both.

***********************************************************************************************************
If you have any brush with the law and end up in ICE custody, the U.S. Attorney will likely prosecute, you'll be convicted, sentenced to at least 6 months but up to the max and then banned for 20 years.

as a matter of fact we just bought a house in cabo and have been in contact with United Van Lines to do the moving , I love this country and my wife and children are from here, but not all in life is about comfort and material things, this country have been great with me but I'm sick of living under stress that one day we might have to pack and leave, might as well do it under our terms, one of my cousins will run the business and hopefully everything will work out .

as a matter of fact we just bought a house in cabo and have been in contact with United Van Lines to do the moving , I love this country and my wife and children are from here, but not all in life is about comfort and material things, this country have been great with me but I'm sick of living under stress that one day we might have to pack and leave, might as well do it under our terms, one of my cousins will run the business and hopefully everything will work out .

If you do relocate abroad and want to return to the U.S. in the future, hope is not lost completely. A waiver for unlawful presence is available (if you qualify) if you don't want to have to wait out the re-entry bar. Or you can simple wait it out. You have the I-130 already available to seek an immigrant visa from abroad, you would need to build a case for the waiver, consult an attorney about that. Otherwise, and in the meantime, businesses can be and are run remotely very successfully. Good luck with that adjustment in how you do business.

I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility

Purpose of Form :

An alien who is ineligible to be admitted to the United States as an immigrant or to adjust status in the United States, and certain nonimmigrant applicants who are inadmissible, must file this form to seek a waiver of certain grounds of inadmissibility.
All 11 pages must be submitted.

thanks again bigjoe, we are definitely going to look into that, probably not to live but to at least visit and who knows, maybe our kids would want to move back when they are adults, my wife and I love mexico but our children are too little to decide yet. I already looked into a few business options down there, there's plenty, and the business here in the states that im leaving behind I doubt would survive without me for more than 3 years, i really hope so but is never the same for somebody to take over from the top and didnt suffer to get there .

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Elcon_Quistador, you might want to contact your Governor's office (with the help of a lawyer). Given that you have created employment for so many people, your Governor might help you get a waiver or even a pardon.

Is your business likely to expand when the economy picks up? - leading to more hiring?
Find a business consultant that can write a plan showing that you are anticipating expansion leading to more jobs.

If anyone qualifies for a Pardon, it would be people like you. Try this before packing up.
You never know...

Otherwise, moving to Mexico with a six or seven fiigures account balance might not be such a bad idea afterall. Living like this is just nerve wrecking...
I have been waiting for a decision from USCIS... I know how it feels...Good luck!!!

that's something to consider , thanks manalive. the immigration system in this country is broken and i dont blame it, everybody wants to be here to live the american dream

If you've followed the news lately, it was widely reported that the outgoing Governor of NY granted 24 pardons to people facing deportation because of convictions under NY state laws.

The OP does not have that issue by which to seek a pardon from a Governor. He was blocked from re-entering the U.S. due to a visa overstay then re-entered illegally. He is contemplating relocating abroad because if apprehended in the U.S. he faces a federal charge that could put him in jail for 2 years a stiff fine and then deportation and a 20 years ban from returning to the U.S. If he spends some time abroad his chances of being allowed to return in the future are better.

I also had a good run with my business and then everything collapsed within a year ..maybe its time to leave ..you are right to leave under your own terms ..while you can and while you are still on top ..I was foolish to belive that good times could last in this country ..american dream is just that a ''dream''..more often then not turning into nightmare