Please Help :

cpwaltair2

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I had sent the Packet 3 last month, and it is reviewed on March 5th. Upon review, NVC found some missing information or require additional information. It does not say anything more on the AVM.

So far I did not receive any further communication from NVC. My question is that

1) Does the request for additional information go to the attorney or to the beneficiary directly?

2) How many days does it take to receive such a communication from the NVC? Though they said, it is reviewed on March 5th on the AVM

3) Should this be for any cause of concern ?

Thanks,
Cpwaltair

cpwaltair2,

Other than the fact that you are going to loose time this should not be a cause of concern for you.

The NVC would send out a document detailing the information needed or seeking a clarificatiion regarding some information entered in the forms.

If your case was represented by an Attorney, this communication would go to the attorny's office.

We can only speculate on how many days it will take for this
paper to be sent out and received by you. I have no idea about
the time line for an RFE.

Raju

cpwaltair2,

One common query I see people in forum getting is if they by mistake forget to cover all times in residential information. For example one may miss 1 year of his/her stay at a particular place.

Virginia Boy

You are right Virgin Boy, I had addtional information filled out on a separate form, both for residence, and for job related. Somehow, my attorney forgot to send them together, and I did not realize it before it was too late.

RFE

We had a request for additional information and sent it all back in again only to find out 2 weeks later that they were sending out yet another RFE for a divorce decree that I had sent in the first packet 3 -- it went missing. So, we have now sent everything back in and will be waiting for our interview date.

If your case is handled by an Attorney then your Attorney should be receiving anytime now.... Give 7 to 10 working days for this.

GoodLuck,

Really?>

Thanks -- of course I get the "6-8 weeks" thing and I don't hold out any hope. As I said, it's been ongoing since we sent packe 3 in Oct 30th. If I get an interview in June, I will be thrilled.

Update on RFE

Just want to tell you guys, we had send the additional information last month (NVC recevied it on March 25th) and the review is complete today (April 08). Hoping for a June interview... may be July...