Please help

shriyaz

Registered Users (C)
hello

I have done my special registration and now I am leaving the country for a short while.

Does anybody know what is the process of meeting with an INS office before departing the country?

Thanks

At the end of your registration interview, you were probably given a list of port of entries. You have to leave the country from one of these ports. On the day of your departure, you go to the airport (or border post), talk to the immigration officer. They will take your I94 from the passport. Make sure that you leave the country on the same day. If they take your I94 and you don't leave for some reason, you are in trouble.

When you come back, you have to re-register.

I think this answers your question.

Good luck.

Hello smr289

Do I have to register upon re-entry, since I read the Question & Answer for special registration on the official immigration web site, which clearly states that you "May or May NOT" be selected for special registration by an immigration officer at the port of entry

Any thought on this?

The follow up question is let us say that you were not asked to register, then do you have to do the call-in registration on your annual date?

Thanks