Please help..

molutty

Hi,

I am new to this forum and writing this mail to know the expert opinion about my problem.

I have been working at a client with a consulting firm and since I know the project is going to be ending in December. I tried for other jobs and luckily I have selected to one job last week through some other consultant . The other consultant sent me the offer letter and I signed it back and accepted the offer and send my papers for filing H1 at the new consulting firm,, (I got the offer on 11/12 ) and sent the signed offer letter on 11/13 - (they got it on 11/14 - along with all of my papers ). The offer letter / employment agreement stated that I should join by 11/18 . After sending the offer letter , The client offered me a full time position at their company. Since the full time offer was far better than the other offer, I chose the full time position.

I informed the other consulting firm that I would not be joining for the project he found and verbally gave "NO" to his offer on 11/18/2002. Then he told he is going to send a lawyer notice to me for his damages. But in the agreement it clearly said that , If I gave them a date to start and fail to start on the specified date, I have to give them a "2 weeks " written notice , otherwise I have to pay some amount for their liquidated damages. Since I didn't even join the company , how can I give them 2 weeks notice.. and also I didn't understand what damage I caused for them ? (I also don't know whether they started filing for my H1 or not )

Please suggest as how to proceed with this.. And what maximum the other consulting firm can do on this matter.

Your suggestions are most welcome..

Thanks