Please help !!!!

PrasadS

Registered Users (C)
I am laid off and friday is my last day. Can you guys tell me what are the documents i need to take and questions i need to ask my employer. I am blank. Can you guys help me please!!!!
Thanks a lot
PS

AC21

How many days have passed since you filed your I485? You they are more than 180, you can use AC21 and go find another job similar to your previous one. The only problem is in the definition "similar". :-( Anyway, good luck and hope u get ur GC soon...

Whats ur WAC #

Sorry to hear that.

If you think that you are near to approval, in case of RFE you need paychecks and employement letter, So take one from them and see if they can pay your servernce in regular pay peroids instead of one big one. So that you can use pay stubs in case of RFE (wish not) .

Thats what I can think of right now. Good luck in your job search.

AC21

AC21 ---> American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act (AC21) for Adjustment of Status applicants. For more information, you can go here. Pay attention on 5. ((a) & (b)).

do the following...

1) Get ALL of the documents you can get from your personel file.
2) Ask to get your severance in more installments.
3) Ask how long before the company plans to inform the INS to withdraw your H1 or your I 140 ...request for a delay.
4) check with your lawyer and see if he is ok with the company laying off you..and will continue to represent you.
5) Search for a job / job offer on paper that will let you respond to any rfe etc.
6) Make sure you have all your origianls or get copies from your company about your W2, pay records, offer letter, joning letter, all immigration receipts etc.

best of luck.

Re: AC21

Originally posted by button
AC21 ---> American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act (AC21) for Adjustment of Status applicants. For more information, you can go here. Pay attention on 5. ((a) & (b)).

Thanks for the info.

Do I have to have approved EAD to use AC21?

>>>>>>>>>

You need to have some valid work authorization to change jobs (EAD). What is your WAC#? Didn't you get your EAD yet?

Re: >>>>>>>>>

Originally posted by button
You need to have some valid work authorization to change jobs (EAD). What is your WAC#? Didn't you get your EAD yet?

This world is stupid sometime so are people.
When I applied for 485 (WAC 02 073)
Processing was fast. So EAD did not seem to be needed.
So I never applied. Appliead only a month ago.
In addition to that heard a rumor that EAD denial cancels H1.
So never applied.

Anyway we can only wait and hope.

To person too is about to be laid off. Post your resume.
Try ro find new job.

ORsa1
do't go with rumors and try to find facts. EAD denial will never cancel you H1. with EAD you you can join anywhere with similar kind of job after 180 days of 485. Only when you use EAD then your H1 gets cancelled. Useing H1 is lil safe in case your 485 is denied but when u r laid off and do't have any H1 sponser then its wise to use EAD for similar job. CSC is sending EAD in aprox. 3 months right now so i guess you have to wait till u get your EAD .

Thanks guys for your responses..

Thanks for all your replies. That helps a lot. I already have my EAD approved and my wac is 02-074.
Thanks,
PS