PLEASE Help!

bakelal

Hi everybody,

Here are my I-485 progress details in brief.

Priority Date:07/05/00
Received Date:08/13/01
Notice Date:10/01/01
Received EAD:10/31/01
Finger Printed On:01/10/02
AVM: ”Finger prints result received on Jan18th, processing resumes…”

1. Now no matter how useless it sounds, I really need some advice on my first question:
>How long do think it will take for I-485 approval at current speed?

2. I have some situation in addition. My current project ends on 20th of this month and I am very sure that my Consulting Company wont be able to find me another project before that. Most probably (99%) this is going end up in a termination of my employment. So:
>Where do I stand if I go unemployed before my I-485 is approved.

3. As per the contract I will have to stay with this consulting company for a year after getting the GC. If I leave I will have to pay them some good percentage of my income for one year. Now what happens if: I get a GC AND they ask me to leave because they cannot find a project AND I start working for another company.
>Do I still have to pay them?

Please drop some advice, I really need it.

Thanks for your time.
Clueless

You are ok..

If your company terminates empl. before getting GC then you need to find another job before you get a RFE. (if at all you get one 30 % chance)

If they layoff after getting GC then you should be fine. But either case you have to find a job for survival

Don\'t Worry

1. Max one month you should be able to get your GC.

2. Since you have already completed 180 days the best bet would be to find another company asap.

3. Talk to your company. Since they are terminating you, no need to pay any compensation to them. Tell them show me the job I will work for you. You are not leaving them. They are deserting you.

140 approved, but employer may go out of business

140 was approved 2 days ago and the employer is planning to shut down in the next two to three months, until the also on reduced pay. Opted for CP but not sure as to which would be better in the given scenario 485 or CP,
Any suggestions/experiences

Gram