Please help!

hoping4miracle

Registered Users (C)
I applied for I-485 2weeks ago. I am from a very low immigration country.
How long will it take for my greencard to be approved? I would like to change jobs pretty soon.
Any comments would help. I am new at this, and have no information at all

No Title

Miracles happen at INS all the time -- So keep your hope alive... I don\'t think it\'s a good idea to change job before 180 days.. Although some lawyers suggest this saying law mentions about unadjudication of AOS for over 180 days, not working for 180 days.. But it is always better to be safe than sorry..

About how long it will take to process your green card??? Nobody knows.......... Anywhere from 7 months to 2.5 years... Hang in there.. it will happen...

Read inside for instructions

Go to www.e-nairobi.com/aos and on the left side is a Register Data link. This will take you to a page that will let you create an ID for your information on this site. If it accepts the ID (meaning now one else is using it) you will be taken to a screen that allows you to enter data that is relevant to I-485

PD = Priority Date
RD = Receipt Date of I-485 Application at Center
ND = Notice Date is date when INS acknowledged your application
FP = Date you got your FP done
AD = Date your Green Card Approval
Center = where you filed your application
Country = The country you put down on your I-485 application
EB = Employment Based Category you filed under (1, 2 or 3)

The site is so applicants can track the I-485 applicatons filed at a particular center. On the left side are links that allow you to view reports for a given center.

Email aos@e-nairobi.com for any problems you may have.

Try immigration lottery.

My Ukrainian friend says that the chances are very good to be selected. For some reason, for the last 3 years, he hasn\'t been that lucky :)

No Title

Pick any number between 3 months to 28 months. Mean might be around 14 months.