• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please help...

samfromnp

Registered Users (C)
I have my interview on Sep 1, 2011.

I am a married man, but me and my wife have remained separately for four months now. We are not divorced, but for various reasons we live separately. She's abroad for further studies and doesn't want to follow me to US right now.

Will there be a problem if I appear at the interview alone? If I am granted a visa, can I file for her visa from US afterwards (after 1-2 years, when she completes her studies)?

From your previous posts http://forums.immigration.com/showt...Confusing!!!&p=2321579&highlight=#post2321579

Hello Everyone!

I am current for September, but right now I am pretty freaked out

Well, when I filled the online form for DV2011, I included my Girlfriend as my wife (though not married, we were planning to marry soon!). Now, when the results came out, she was already outside the country for studies. We were still in good relationship, so we decided to send the forms together as a couple.

We thought my case number was very high, so we didn't give much thoughts to it. We broke up some months ago, and I don't know where she is!!!! I have a chance to get the visa, but I am afraid it will be ruined because I will be unable to explain the counselor about my situation. I know I need to tell the truth. Will they understand? I mean, I made the great mistake to include her as wife, even though we were not married.

If someone has similar experience, please share:
1. Should I tell them that I made the mistake to include her in the online form as well as DSP-122 and DS-230 I & II forms?
2. If I go to the interview alone, will they ask about her? I mean, can I just say we are separated or something?

I hope for some realistic advise to my problems.

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...he-Interview&p=2357206&highlight=#post2357206

I have my interview scheduled on Sep 1. I have filed for divorce, which I hope I'll receive soon. Can anyone tell me what kinds of questions they might ask at the interview?

Here is my brief history:

1. Met my wife in early 2008 and married her July 2009.
2. She went to Australia for studies in the end of 2009.
3. I have mentioned her in both the online entry and the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms, that I sent in Aug 2010.
4. We decided in April to separate, and she filed for divorce with me.
5. I'll be getting the final Divorce Decree from the court soon.

Hope you can do better than this in your story telling at the interview.... One minute she is your ex-girlfriend and you don't know where she is. Next she is your ex-wife and you managed to file papers for divorce eventhough you don't know where she is. As they say, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing as convincing the CO. Its no debate rather just stating facts about yourself and family. If it'll sound shady like it already sound here (where we are on your side),How will you deal with CO who is looking at faults to deny you? Please get the facts about your situation n stick to the true version only. Defending fiction infront of a CO will most backfire. Panicking makes it even worse.All the best.

People in here are right, keep it all straight. If you do try and make something up, you will most likely fail.