Please Help.

h ravi

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am an asylee and my 485 is pending since 07/2005. Last week I was arrested for domestic battery (I was stupid and I am sure I will regret it for my rest of life) . There is a very good chance the charges will be dropped. I already hired a criminal lawyer. If the charges are dropped am I still in trouble? I mean can they deny my 485? What happens if I am convicted for lesser charges? Any comments will be greatly appreciated. I know I screwed up.

Thanks,
Ravi

Hello All,

I am an asylee and my 485 is pending since 07/2005. Last week I was arrested for domestic battery (I was stupid and I am sure I will regret it for my rest of life) . There is a very good chance the charges will be dropped. I already hired a criminal lawyer. If the charges are dropped am I still in trouble? I mean can they deny my 485? What happens if I am convicted for lesser charges? Any comments will be greatly appreciated. I know I screwed up.

Thanks,
Ravi

What is domestic battery?

Hello All,

Thanks,
Ravi

Don't worry. All you need is try your best the charges be dropped, and in the future do not lie on the application. I don't think you have any problem. I have seem people who committed more serious offenses and got their greencards or citizenships, so don't be overwelmed. Misdemeaners don't always necesarily bar you from getting benefits. Also, your future behavior will be closely monitored. One isolated incident may not be a problem, but if it becomes a pattern, then there will be a big problem, in the future stay out of trouble, and don't worry too much about this...good luck

What is domestic battery?

Domestic Battery is any kind of physical violance..beating, hitting, slapping..stabbing...and the domestic aspect is the victam is related the perpetrator...father, mother, wife, sister...someone with whom you live with....I could be wrong but that is my understanding

Thanks Faysal for you feed back. I am trying my best to make sure that charges to be dropped. This is my first offence ever. I am overwelmed and very worried about it. Do I need to hire an immigration lawyer? Are / can they deny my 485?

Thanks Faysal for you feed back. I am trying my best to make sure that charges to be dropped. This is my first offence ever. I am overwelmed and very worried about it. Do I need to hire an immigration lawyer? Are / can they deny my 485?

Sorry to be rude but why the hell did you hit your wife/gf? If you go on the H-1/GC board, you can see lot of people there have done simliar..some with positive and some with negative results. Now a days, USCIS is very strict so I would suggest hire a lawyer.

If the case cannot be expelled from your records, it may help that you showed remorse and GOT HELP, counselling. As always good attorneys and those who have been in a similar situation would be the best to advice you.

Thanks for the helpful comments. I can't even began to tell you how sorry I am for what I have done. I really hope that everything ( marital and legal issue) works out for us.

Please Help

Just came back from the court. The judge will give me case diversion and probation for 6 months, I need to take some classes like anger management etc. Am I still in trouble? Do you think my 485 will be denied?