please help

Tunu

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

when u go for passport stamping, do they check the passport validity for one year,6months,or less than that will do. please reply

thanks

Tunu said:
Hi All,

when u go for passport stamping, do they check the passport validity for one year,6months,or less than that will do. please reply

thanks

some officers do. if its validity is less than one year, he/she will issue stamp on a separate I94-like document which is equivalent of passport stamping.

philadelphia transfer cases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

Can you please let me know the employment letter format for the interview.

can you also let me know the format of employment history.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tunu

As was mentioned, this can vary depending on the local office, but in most cases they stamp your passport if it's valid on the day of stamping (I would imagine some marginal expiration conditions apply though).
My passport expired 8/2004 and I got stamped on December 2003 with no problems at all.
If your passport nears expiration, make sure to bring an extra photograph (in addition to the 2 photos required for standard I-551/I-89 processing) - instead of stamping the passport, they will use the standard I-94 form, which they affix the extra photo to and stamp with I-551.
Hope this helps

Hi Gc Applicant,
Thanks for the information
Could you please shed some light on the employment letter format and employment history.

Please reply. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
tunu

I would seriously recommned contacting a lawyer for these questions. USCIS regulations change, and what worked 1-2 years ago may not work now, or may not work in your particular case.
Interview means you're almost there, so I would not take any risks - juat have a lawyer prepare those things for you,
Good luck!