Please help

Oracle_Dba

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I really need some advice here. I recently got my green card stamped on my passport. My interview was a consulate process and I was able to get it through sucesfully last month.

During the time of POE, I had given 123 as my mailing address, But some how I have to move out of the 123 address onto a new address which was XYZ. I gave my new forwarding address from 123 to XYZ. But unluckly, I have to move out from my XYZ address to a new one or probably leave the state for good in finding a job.

Currently,Its been almost a month I got my green card stamped and I had told the post office to do a stop mail onto my 123 address and hold all of my mail with them for a month. I dont know, Will i be able to get my actual card with in a month now from now or will it take long?

My question: Can I call INS and give them my new mailing address? Would that work out? If so, what number can i call INS? Please advice me.

Firstly, I was in a big tension, when i was going through my consulate processing and now here i\'m with my green card stamped, but not having the actual green card.

Guys. Please please help me.

Thanks,

Just an advise

Walk into an INS office and ask them that you have to move and want to modify the address where you want your GC sent... (you do not have to tell whole story that you moved..and moved...and moved and above all not a peep about you are moving out of state for job search)

Then give them a new address in the same city of some one you know(friend/family) who is relatively stable in job and probably has a house so that guarentees that he will not move in next 7-8 months.

You will be raising eyebrows by attempting to change outof state address..

Just on the comfort note.. it seems like GCs are coming relatively faster.. some one got in 10 days after DOE at US POE. May be you will get it before 30 days

To Patta

Hello Patta,

How can I find INS offices in San Jose? Is there a website for this?

Thanks for all your advice.