Please help with this new message on online status

uti

Registered Users (C)
My case RD 10/18/01 approved on Feb. 14, 03 and got it stamped March 03. Today the online message says

"A duplicate notice on this case was mailed on April 17, 2003...."

Any idea what does this mean. I hope this means the duplicate of approval notice but I don't understand why are they sending it now.

I still havn't received the plastic cards yet.

Any help or similar experience please share it with us.

One Probability is that You might have changed your address after applying and INS is still trying to send mail to old address

Note:- It is necessary to call or mail your change of address to service center where your application is processed other than AR-11.

Federal mails will not be forwarded.

Thanks for the reply sbctsublc, but

I haven't changed my address for last three years. i.e. We are in the same address even before starting the GC process.

Still the letter hasn't reached our home yet.

are you in new jersey? we never received our approval notices and we were in the same address since labor started.
we took lawyer's copy for stamping, INS said it is not their problem that we have not received," sort this out with the postal department". so today I saw our cards have been ordered, so I am planning to hold our mails for three weeks.
for your information our mailman goofs up with the mail quite often, somebody else's in our mail box and god knows where he puts ours.

Now the message is changed ...

Now the online status is changed for my case to

"On April 21, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Thanks everyone for the reply. I hope three fourth (3/4) of my painful GC journey ends here (remaining half is to get my wife's 485 stamping & card)

Thanks Rajiv for this great discussion forum and everyone participates in this.