Please Help with My Questions

Ben E.

Registered Users (C)
Hi;

I am a Canadian citizen and received a Ph.D. from an American university. Currently, I am working as a visiting scientist in one of the largest chemical companies in the US. I have a number of publications and two patents pending. My first question: do I have a case for NIW? My second question: What should I send with my I-140 (recommendation letters? How many? Any other documents?)

Thank you very much in advance.

my opinion: NIW may good for you

Ben:

You have a PhD., some publications, two pending patents, and work for a large company. All there are enough to prove you are excellent!

You need to organize all these documents and evidences to show you meet the requirement of NIW (or EB1). For NIW, you need to have reference letters to show to INS officers that your current work or research is in "National Interest".

Since you have 2 pending patents, if you can successfully persuade the INS officer that the application of your patent or your continuous research in chemical in USA is in "National Interest", NIW may good for you. So the key point is to present your case and documentation.

I find a Web site is very good for the EB1/NIW petition: www.greencardapply.com, you can do more homework there.

Sumeet

No Title

It would be better if your company is going to file a petition. Self petition NIW has been difficult since 1998.

If you are considering self-petition, convince yourself the three points from NYSDT case. Otherwise, find a good lawyer and try your luck. Always remember, your work instead of your field of work must fulfill the three requirements, which are tricky.

Good luck.