Please help with my case

crystal-2001

I have I-140 approved in EB3/ VSC with following details ->

EAC 00-001-XXXXX
RD : 10/01/00
PD : 07/15/99
ND : 05/19/00

1. Please tell me how long will it take to get to next stage ( I -485 ?) and is there anyway to upgrade to EB2 ?

2. What is the process on I-485 application and appx time. I have 2 years time on H1B clock ( since I have I 140 approval, I do not have worry , right ?!)
3. What I must do so that my wife gets employment authorization at I 485 filing ?

Well, above all, hoping that my company does not lay me off, very likely :) ! In that case, should my I 140 stage process will help me at my new employer, give that somebody\'s ready to employ me. GC, what a pain in the "pick any part of the anatomy you like" !!!

Enjoy , but do reply if you know something

No Title

Could you clarify the dates on your message ?. What is the RD and ND means ?. That dates doesn\'t seems to be right .

No Title

Actually, if your adjustment date is current, and you don\'t plan to leave the company you\'re working at, then you have the option to apply via Consular processing. Otherwise, you can get your EAD, and then change jobs after 6 months - if you want to.

No Title

Thanks.

The dates are as per the I -140 approval notice. I do not know when the date is becoming current for EB3/ at VSC. How do I find that out ? My company lawyer is very "unapprochable" type.

No Title

You might want to think of Consular processing. It looks much faster these days even for Eb3... I don\'t think you want to languish around in VSC processing as it doesn\'t appear that these delays will end in the following year as well..

Bhanu

No Title

Thanks for pointing out an error

The PD : priority date is : 07/15/99
The RD : receipt date of I 140 is 10/01/99
The ND : Notice date is 05/19/00

I\'m in EB3/RIR at VSC. How long it will take for to file for I 485 ? And After filing I 485 how long I wait for I 485 approval ?

Is there any site that updates these informations in simple flowchart manner with time estimation for each stage and center ?

Thanks much in adv

No Title

He Crystal

To check if your priority date is current please check the state department\'s site http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html. Currently July 1998 is current for EB3-India. They publish the new visa dates every month by around 15th for the following month. Right now the dates are moving very fast and in the last two months, it moved 4-5 months each to reach the current stage. If this continues , your PD will become current within 3 or 4 months.

You can download forms I-485 and the biographic information forms, from the INS web site and be ready for your I-485 submission. This will help you to know what all related documents you need for the I-485. Important documents are , birth certificates and marriage certificates. If you don\'t have any of this , you have some time now to get the stuff from India or wherever you are from.

Once you submit your I-485 , you can either apply for AD or there were other suggestions posted by my friends just above this one. You have lot options and it is up to you to choose the best one. Approximate waiting time to get the I-485 approved is currently 365 days to 540 days.

I advise you to always consult an attorney before making crucial decisions.

Hope this helps and post if you have any other specific questions.

No Title

just a correction .
in my previous posting I wrote " Once you submit your I-485 , you can either apply for AD or there were other ",

Please read the same as EAD instead of AD.