Please help with job change

gchopefull

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I need help from all the Guru's out there. Following are my details about my GC process :

I-140 -- Approved on 31st March 2004
I - 485 -- ND date 4th August 2003
1st FP date -- 30th Sep 2004
1st EAD -- Approved till 4th Dec 2004.
Applied for 2nd EAD on 15th September 2004

I do not have any of the approval notices like Labor clearence, 140 Approval or 485 Receipt notice. My company won't give it
:mad:

Now I have a offer from my client to join as a perm. I know I can get all the relevent papers under FOIA. But that will take at the minimum 4-6 weeks. I dont think my client will wait that much time. Under these circumstances, what will happen if I join my client without all these papers. Is there anything that my company can do to screw up my GC. All the replies/suggestions highly appreciated and thanks in advance. Let me know if any one needs any more information.

Thanks

GCHopefull

Hi,

As long as your I-140 approved and you are eligible for AC-21 (6 months already passed after applying 485) you can join other company. All you need is EAD card.

Hope this helps

apply for FOIA asap and just make sure that the new job title and description are same as the one mentioned in LC (form ETA750A&B)

Thanks Magician and hmd for your advice. I shall apply for FOIA asap. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am hoping my GC will be approved soon after my FP. And then I can get out of all this mess!!

Thanks guys and wish you all the very best

Is your new job description similar to your current job description? Make sure to meet AC21 requirements.

Remember Labor clearance and your I-140 belongs to your current company, not your new client and you. Labor clearance and I-140 has classified information like financial figures, tax number, etc so your current company doesn't want to give away any private information to anyone. That's why they cannot give you receipts. (receipt numbers can be found on FOIA). So your new client don't need them. All you need are your EAD to continue working with your new client, your paystubs from your new client, tax returns, and your employment letter from your new client in case you get RFE or interview. If you want to know what receipt numbers are and your A# number is, you have a receipt number that shows on the back of your bank check and A# number that shows on your EAD card. You can check the status online.

Also, you should apply for FOIA now so you can get all relevant papers for the future.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,
My situation is similar as gchopefull. I need some info here, guru's please help.

How can I apply for FOIA? What are the information/documents I'll get using FOIA? Where should I apply, any application format etc. ?

Regards,
-dhi_img

Thank you gc0902,
I need the information about Labor Substite details, and 140 details, what should I wite in section 5. Information needed to search for records: ?

Is there any posibility that my lawyer will get notification about this( My lawyer may inform my employeer and I don't want any mixup there) ?

Thanks again.

I think your lawyer may get info too

I think your lawyer will get info too ......but I think you should be fine. If you are using AC21 then you may be fine as long as the job desc is the same.