please help(W2/tax returns for visa revalidation)

portal_user1

Registered Users (C)
I first got my H1-B visa in April 2001 and I went to the consulate in Chennai yesterday for my visa revalidation per my appointment.The lawfirm I am with never asked me to tak either my W2s or tax returns in the list of documents required but the embassy officer asked for them for all years.I filed taxes online and I could download the returns and I have the 2004 W2 with me.My roommate could locate the 2002 W2 and he could fax it to me but I am not able to locate the 2003 W2s.Is it ok if I just have the tax return for 2003 and not the W2.Part of the problem is I have been trying to contact the two companies I was with in 2003 but one of them is no longer in business.

Please help,what are people's vews on this.You can reach me directly at subhashsolleti@gmail.com.

portal_user1 said:
I first got my H1-B visa in April 2001 and I went to the consulate in Chennai yesterday for my visa revalidation per my appointment.The lawfirm I am with never asked me to tak either my W2s or tax returns in the list of documents required but the embassy officer asked for them for all years.I filed taxes online and I could download the returns and I have the 2004 W2 with me.My roommate could locate the 2002 W2 and he could fax it to me but I am not able to locate the 2003 W2s.Is it ok if I just have the tax return for 2003 and not the W2.Part of the problem is I have been trying to contact the two companies I was with in 2003 but one of them is no longer in business.

Please help,what are people's vews on this.You can reach me directly at subhashsolleti@gmail.com.
You could try to ask for a copy of your W2 from the IRS. It costs about $10 or so, but I am not sure if they (IRS) can send you a copy of your W2 from past years, I know they can do it for current calendar year since I did it once. Do a search on the IRS website about how to obtain W2 copies.