Please help - very urgent !

jeans

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends

need your help in Visitor Visa case

Here is the case !

i came to USA on visitor Visa. Based on the RFE(for extension of Visitor Visa) that i got in May 2005, i sent response to RFE in Sept 2005. Unfortunately, so far i have not received any correspondence from INS yet, that is could not get the result of response to RFE, so far. I feel i lost the correspondence from INS. My internet status on USCIS.GOV shows that the case is pending since sept 2005 and is in progress.

while i was waiting on the above, i got seriously sick from Nov 2005 and currently undergoing a treatement since Nov 2005 till date. My doctor has asked me to stay in USA for some more time in order to recover and that i cannot travel... My doctor told that he would give me a letter to INS regarding my medical condition.

My question is:- Can i send INS a letter requesting another extension based on a letter from my doctor about my medical condition along with the enquiry on the status of previous response to RFE sent on which i have not received any status update from INS so far?

What do you think the INS may respond to my request for another extension ?
Will this be a problem to the person whom i am staying with or the person who is sponsoring my medical expenses and my stay ?

Please advise...

Looking forward to hearing for you