Please help! very confused about the A#.

sw28

Registered Users (C)
What is A# ??
I am talking about the Alien Registration no on the I485 application. I have gone through the many discussions on the board and am very confused.
I checked on the I140 approval notice ("Notice of action ") which was given to us by the lawyer. There is no A# on it!
Is A# asigned to only certain categories of applicant ?? We are on H1 here and hace applied for GC.

A#

The A# is the number that is Printed just above your Name Field in the I485 Receipt.
This is the Alien Registration Number that has been assigned to you by INS.
This number will again be in your EAD too.
Since it is printed in small letters you may have missed it; Check again.
In my case it was on the I485 Receipt and not in thr 140 Approval.
If you are confused on the column in the 485 Application ( Where they ask you to fill in the A#) , I left in blank since I did not have it .
I got this number in the I485 Receipt and also in the EAD.
Don\'t worry if you have not filled this Column in the 485.....

Prior A# ?

Can we use the A# gotten when a student EAD card was issued (F1 - OPT) when we fill I-485?

Also I-693 & G325A have a box that says \'File Number A-" Is this also A#?

Thanks

Leave it blank

While filling for I-485 you will not have Alien number(A#). INS will look for your I-94# so you can mention where ever it has asked.

Hope this will help.

Good luck

-Raj

A# will typicaly be issued when you apply for I485

Typically A# will be issued when you apply for I485 and hence I140 does not have one. I do not know whether this is true 100 % for all the I140 to 485 cases. But most of will not have A# untill we apply for I485. When you receive I485 receipt you will get A# issued and it will be printed on the receipt. Chekc with the attorney.