Please Help: URGENT

gcard2005

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 is in the last steps with RD (07/13/2004) . INS's current processing date is (08/19/2004). I launched an inquiry recently and today received a response from VSC. It is a one liner response and hard to figure out what exactly it means, if anything. Kindly help me decipher this response.

Here is what it says verbatim:

A review of our records show that your case is pending adjudicative review. Please allow 60 days to hear from this office.

What this sentence means and how shud I interpret it ? What does adjudicative review mean ? Does it mean that file is ALL CLEAR (FG and Name check etc) and is in the adjudication dept for approval ? Does it mean they will contact me within 60 days automatically or I can call them again only after 60 days ???

Plz help !

Thx

Do not worry about it, its normal response almost all ppl got after inquery.

It mean nothing, they are asking you to allow them 60 days. and if u don't hear from them then u may send another inquery.

In this during period if they make decission they would update status/send u lettter.

Don't worry and don't panic. this is the way they ask ppl to be patient and wait 60 days then call.

Good LUck

Isn't the normal response "Case delayed becose of security checks blah blah..." ?

What does "adjudicative review" mean ? I want to find out if this means that security checks are done ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be glad

At least on face value saying "case delayed because of security checks blah blah" is much worse -- it directly indicates that your case is delayed because of FBI name check, and god knows how long it takes, maybe 2-3 years?

But if they say "pending adjudicative review", that means the matter is still in their hands. That could mean a very quick approval. Not to give you false hope though, at least that does not indicate directly a name check is pending...

Just my 2 cents.

-icare-

gcard2005 said:
Isn't the normal response "Case delayed becose of security checks blah blah..." ?

What does "adjudicative review" mean ? I want to find out if this means that security checks are done ?

Adjucant officer is the person who is responsible to make deccision on your case. he has ur file. in bottom line your case is sitting on officer table to review.

Trust me my friend the letters and words used in letter dosn't have any exact meaning, they are just giving u to satisfy and wait. you read more u get tension more :D :D , Relax.... and be patient

Good Luck

Has anyone else gotten the same response recently ? If yes, then has any of u guys able to figure out if the security checks are cleared up in this case ? Is there anyway to find out what the actual status really is ?

"adjudicative review" means that it is on an officer's desk so that he or she can make a decision on your case. Once it reaches that status, you will hear something, usually within 30 days, but it could take 60 days like they say. Good luck!

I got reply from uscis for my status enquiry ( called uscis 0n 07/08/2005)stating that 485 case is pending due to fact that the visa is not available. you may obtain information on visa availability by calling some number.

Last week we applied for EAD/AP renewal. they received the applications on 07/21/05.
and 07/27/2005, we got 9 emails for my wife's 485 case, that we sent a notice requesting more information on july 22nd.
I am doubting the letter I got is a RFE or the status enquiry? Am I going to get the RFE letter? DO I need to call USCIs again?

485Rd: 05/25/2004.
EAD/AP: renewal: RD: 07/25/2005.

are you EB2?

My 485 ND was June 4. Made the first enquiry and was told that my case was stuck with security check. my case is EB2
---------

gcard600 said:
I got reply from uscis for my status enquiry ( called uscis 0n 07/08/2005)stating that 485 case is pending due to fact that the visa is not available. you may obtain information on visa availability by calling some number.

Last week we applied for EAD/AP renewal. they received the applications on 07/21/05.
and 07/27/2005, we got 9 emails for my wife's 485 case, that we sent a notice requesting more information on july 22nd.
I am doubting the letter I got is a RFE or the status enquiry? Am I going to get the RFE letter? DO I need to call USCIs again?

485Rd: 05/25/2004.
EAD/AP: renewal: RD: 07/25/2005.

I have read many threads about when ever a status enquiry is made, LUd is updated with we responded to your request for more information.

Is this correct? Or is it a RFE? I got a reply for my status enquiry but I and my lawyer did not receive any RFE notice.

Please advise I am little worried.

Thanks in advance
Gcard600

gcard600 said:
I have read many threads about when ever a status enquiry is made, LUd is updated with we responded to your request for more information.

Is this correct? Or is it a RFE? I got a reply for my status enquiry but I and my lawyer did not receive any RFE notice.

Please advise I am little worried.

Thanks in advance
Gcard600
Most of the people who raised staus enquiry during last 2 months got LUD's on 7/27 or 7/28. Your's is also may be the same and you should not expect any RFE.
rrml

Gcard2005,
How long did it take to get the reply on your inquiry? I place an inqury on 7/7/2005 and have not heard from VSC yet . My 485 ND is 7/14/2004.
Thanks

tedun said:
Gcard2005,
How long did it take to get the reply on your inquiry? I place an inqury on 7/7/2005 and have not heard from VSC yet . My 485 ND is 7/14/2004.
Thanks
3 to 4 weeks