Please help --Upgrade from EB3 to EB2 ?

kal10

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

My EB3 I-140 (PD May 99, India) is approved and waiting for PD to be current sometime this year. Also I have applied for I-140 in EB2 category and waiting for I-140 approval. Is it possible for me to apply for I485 in EB3 and later upgrade the same application to EB2 retaining the Notice Date for i-485.

Has anybody done this ? Please advice me.

Thanks,

kal10

No Title

yes you can, few people have done that in the past. Once your EB2 140 is approved, you can amend 485 with the new 140.

No Title

Yes , you can do it. I did it and got my approval in march,2001 in EB2 category.

No Title

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your reply. Is there any danger in amending the I-485 ? And are there any special documents necessary for that (other than the EB2 approved I-140 ofcourse).

Appreciate your input greatly,

kal10

No Title

Your attorney would send a letter to INS requesting them to switch your case from EB3 to EB2 and will attach the EB2 I-140 appoval letter with it. Mine was transferred in Feb,2001 and checked the IIO after 2 weeks and they told me that they are doing my case in EB2.

No Title

Even I did that from EB-3 to EB-2 and I got the approval in March. Attorney will send the amendment to INS. I was getting different answers from IIO regarding the category before approval.