Please help - trying to fill G-731C Form

aguynxtdoor

Hi,

I am trying to fill G-731C Form 'Inquiry about Status of I-551 Alien Registration Card'.

Fields are:

1)Alien's registration number (Stamped in passport) - Can you please tell me how to find that? Is that an A ## ### ### ( 9 digit number starting with A) stamped on passport during 'I-551 passport stamping'?

2)Port of entry/Office - I arrived at San Francisco Airport 3 yr ago. Shall I write San Francisco?

3)Date entry of adjustment - Is that the day 'passport stamping' happened or is that the day I-551 approval notice was issued? Passport stamp has 2 dates: Effective date and date of stamping.

I will appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks a lot

#1. Yes it is your A# that is on the passport

#2. Yes, SFO will be your POE

#3. It is the day of I485 approval or I-551 approval depending on whether you did AOS or CP .

Hope this helps.

Cheers....

Hey aguynxtdoor

Hey man,

I agree with bhidu.

By the way where can we get the G-731C Form 'Inquiry about Status of I-551 Alien Registration Card'. Do we need to go to local INS and apply or can we just send it to our centers. Please let me know.

Thanks man

Bhidu, thanks a lot for helpful and timely information.

I got form G-731 from ins.usdoj web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
POE/Office Question

My I485 was approved in March and I haven't received the green card yet. I was filling out the G731V form.

I have a question about the Port of Entry/Office in the form. Should I put in the office where I got my passport stamped (Newark)? Or the airport where I first came to the US (on F-1 visa)? Or my last port of entry into the US (which was after my I485 approval)?

Thanks for your help.

--
Gandalf the White