Please.....help Travel Transit Visa problems...

I140-June2003

Registered Users (C)
I m travelling to India in Aug & got the information that we need the transit visa for Paris they says if u r on AP u need the transit visa & if u have a valid US visa i.e. H4 or so u don't need the transit visa correct me if I m wrong?

My situtation is I have the AP1 which is exp on 21st July have applied for AP2 in April but still waiting. My H4 expired on March 30 & recently got the H4 extension approved till March 2005 now I want to stamp it in India & I m planning to travel on H4 but at present I don't have a valid stamp in my passport.

What should I do about the Transit visa??

All the suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

In Dec 2003.. I traveled via Paris (without transit visa) since Londen required Transit Visa then. Also I was told then that Transit visa is ONLY required when you are coiming back to US and it is not required if you are traveling to your home country..

Confirm with some travel agents or lawyers..

When I went to India in Jan 2004, I was travelling with AP, visa expired. I was told that only if I fly Air India I dont need a transit visa else I have to. The reason only Air India is they dont deplane the passengers at Paris.

Check with ur agents...search for my username "parshu" for my detailed experience..

Thanks for u'r reply

But my problem is I don't even have the valid AP my AP1 is exp in July & I haven't received my AP2 Approval yet. ALl I have at present is H4 Approval Notice & not the stamp on the passport. So I m confused what should I do should I wait till I get my Ap2 Approved it's applied in April 04.

Thanks

Go to your local USCIS office and show them your air-tickets. I've heard that many local offices have stopped issuing emergency APs, but give it a shot anyway. Possession of an H-4 approval notice will not be considered as a visa to enter the country, but you can try convincing them that you'll be going for the visa stamp while you're in India. Best of Luck.